Increase font size
Topic Title: USB port problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/12/2003 03:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/12/2003 03:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Don F

My K6-II (126Mb RAM and stacks of free ROM) drives a USB manual keyboard and a powered USB hub to which a scanner, an optical mouse, and a card-reader are attached. First the keyboard became ineffective, then a few days later a dialog box appeared on boot-up to tell me that Windows "could not detect a mouse". At that point the computer was virtually out of action, of course. I discovered that my original PS2 mouse worked OK, and later, that a PS2 keyboard did too. So I'm back in business, sort of, but the USB ports are still OUT. System Tools reports OK as does my Sandra program. I suspected virus intrusion (though there is a firewall and bang-up-to-date antivirus) but the outfit works perfectly in all other respects and AV scanning gives a clear report. Can anybody out there give me a clue?

(It might be as well for me to confess that I am kind of ancient and not particularly clued up on computers, so if it shows, bear with me......)

Regards and thanks

Don F
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information