Increase font size
Topic Title: Reloading Windows ME/and or / XP
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/18/2005 12:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/18/2005 12:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mmouse71

I have a Jetway 663as Pro motherboard, with and athlon 1500 cpu, Geforce2 64 mb video, 60 gb harddrive.
I am having issues with the pc locking up. I figured it was the Win ME installed as I do know that this is very unstable. But i wipe the harddrive and write zeros to it. I then went to reinstall winme and am now having problems with it loading. Stopping at 10%. The error state to check cd (i even used a clean cd and same thing), then check hardware. I have removed and swapped around the ram and still same issues. I have swapped harddrives same thing. I then changed the cd drive and still same thing. I even went as far as to load it with the command of "Setup / c". Which is said to slow it down a bit.
I get various error messages that does not lead me anywhere when i try to troubleshoot it. I have picked brains to tell me to install winxp, to tell me that it is my motherboard, and also that it may be my chipset. I have now tried to do a clean install of Win XP and still same thing. Only now the computer will reboot when it wants to.
I know that I threw a lot out there for everyone, but if someone has any ideas let me know. Also I have another pc that if it is ok maybe install winxp on that one then turn around and put that hard drive in this older jetway and see if that works. But i do not know if that would be ok since the motherboards are different.

Please HELP me. I have been fighting this for 2 weeks to set my kids up with a working pc.

Thanks in advance
DESPERATE!!
 09/18/2005 07:02 PM

Author Icon
eddaweaver

When you go into the bios, what temperature does it say the CPU is at? It sounds like an overheating CPU.
 09/19/2005 10:53 AM

Author Icon
mmouse71

It has been running a temp of 125 f. with an inside temp of about 85 f.
 09/20/2005 12:57 AM

Author Icon
eddaweaver

Those temperatures are fine.

Try testing the RAM:
http://www.memtest.org/' ">http://www.memtest.org/

The computer might have damaged ATA cables.
 09/20/2005 02:50 PM

Author Icon
mmouse71

I tested the RAM, 3 different sets seperately, i gave up, and decided to purchase a motherboard with a cpu already installed. It it working great. I now decided that it was either the motherboard or the CPU. Thanks for the help.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information