Increase font size
Topic Title: AMDK7
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/17/2005 07:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2005 07:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
etjordan210

I HAVE A AMDK7 1.0 GHZ. THE CPU SPEED WAS CHANGED THROUGH THE BOIS,
IT WAS AT 100/100. BUT WAS CHANGED TO 166/133. THE MONITOR AND KEYBOARD ARE NOT WORKING. IS THERE A WAY I CAN GET IT BACK TO WORK. I HAD THE VIDEO CARD CHECK AND THE KEYBOARD BOTH ARE WORKING. HOW CAN I GET VIDEO TO CHANGE THE CPU SPEED BACK TO ITS DEFAULT? ALSO IS THERE AN UPDATE FOR THE AMDK6-2. IF SO WHERE?
THANKS.
 10/17/2005 07:53 PM

Author Icon
bvchurch

QUOTE(etjordan210 @ Oct 17 2005, 04:08 PM)I HAVE A AMDK7  1.0 GHZ. THE CPU SPEED WAS CHANGED THROUGH THE BOIS,
IT WAS AT 100/100. BUT WAS CHANGED TO 166/133. THE MONITOR AND KEYBOARD ARE NOT WORKING. IS THERE A WAY I CAN GET IT BACK TO WORK. I HAD THE VIDEO CARD CHECK AND THE KEYBOARD BOTH ARE WORKING. HOW CAN I GET VIDEO TO CHANGE THE CPU SPEED BACK TO ITS DEFAULT? ALSO IS THERE AN UPDATE FOR THE AMDK6-2. IF SO WHERE?
THANKS.
[right][snapback]525544[/snapback][/right]

Well there is one thing I would do, that is clear the bios so it goes back to its default, as it sounds like you can not see anything on the screen, no post beeps etc. To clear the bios (cmos) you need to remove the batter from the motherboard for about 10 minutes, or you could also use the clear cmos jumper on the board is one, refer to your manual.
 10/17/2005 08:31 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

PS CAPS IS NOT CRUISE CONTROL FOR YOUR KEYBOARD...

Thanks

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

10/25/2005 11:55 AM

Author Icon
etjordan210

QUOTE(bvchurch @ Oct 17 2005, 06:53 PM)Well there is one thing I would do, that is clear the bios so it goes back to its default,  as it sounds like you can not see anything on the screen, no post beeps etc.  To clear the bios (cmos) you need to remove the batter from the motherboard for about 10 minutes, or you could also use the clear cmos jumper on the board is one, refer to your manual.
[right][snapback]525587[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the info, it worked. The only problem I have now is I can't get any sound from the motherboard. I can't find the driver on the internet or on AMD. The motherboard is a k7 rev.5 Duron 1gig. (AMD)
 10/25/2005 01:00 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

The name of the board is not familiar, could you download and run belarc advisor or everest, both applications are free and the will help you get the name of the mainboard.

MD

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information