Increase font size
Topic Title: Desktop Cooling Research
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/29/2005 10:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/29/2005 10:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
aceviper

I am a mechanical engineering student at the University of Ottawa and am doing a final year project on desktop cooling, I noticed that the “Intel processor” describes a “minimum” recommended temperature in the specs sheet, but I couldn’t find a minimum recommended temperature for the AMD processor. I was wondering why there is a “minimum” temperature (5 degrees) and how the performance is affected below that temperature. If no over-clocking is done, I was wondering if you also have a plot that describes CPU temperature vs. performance for temperature ranges that are extreme (ie: much lower then 0 degrees Celsius and higher then 80 degrees Celsius). I found a chart that shows performance goring to 140% when the temperature of the CPU goes to –150 degrees Celsius but I have great doubts that there is any truth to this /dry.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='dry.gif' /> . I have searched for many days with no reliable finds, so I really hope you can help me with this. Another question is since this is a final year theses project, I will not be receiving funding for any research I do, I was hoping that AMD can help me by providing a “test dummy” basically just a motherboard and a CPU (and a graphics card if possible) /blush.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blush.gif' /> which I can perform the various tests on (checking alternative cooling methods for CPU motherboard and Graphics card). Upon completion of the project I can provide AMD with a copy of the theses, and a representative is welcome to attend the presentation /cool.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='cool.gif' /> , which will be in late March or early April. Thank you for your help, any additional information you can provide me with would be great. Thanks again /laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information