Topic Title: PCChips M811LU v3.1 /w Duron 1.8Ghz
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/01/2005 10:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/01/2005 09:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Charlie22911
Voodoo Programmer

check your ram with memtest86 (google), also make sure your CPU is setup right in the bios, these are two things that almost always are a problem for me when building a system.

-------------------------
Desktop:
Phenom II x6 1055T @ 4GHz | 4x2GB Patriot DDR3 1600 @ 2000 | 3x AMD Radeon HD6970 Crossfire

Laptop:
Core i7 2960xm @ 4.2Ghz | 4x4GB Kingston DDR3 1866 | 2x GTX 580m SLI OC 725/1450/1500
 09/01/2005 02:31 PM

Author Icon
leiterch

I will check that tonight. what should I look for in the bios settings?

thanks,
 09/24/2005 01:53 PM

Author Icon
leiterch

I finally got the system to work. I then went out to purchase a dif. graphics card to replace the chaintech card and you guessed it. I got the beeps again. You are probably thinking the agp slot is bad, but I bought a pci card just because of that fact. Brand new mad dog predator MX4000 pci card out of the box and no workie. I then put the old which I found out it was a Paradise (Western Digital) Bali32 card back in and it worked perfect. I just can't seem to find drivers for the card. I am not sure what my recourse is at this moment any help would be a great help.
 09/20/2006 11:25 AM

Author Icon
peaches712799

I just got this same motherboard already assembled in a case with a power supply that came with. Now surely, they wouldn't have packaged it with a power supply that won't run it, would they?

Fixed the CMOS jumper to normal, but still when I turn it on I get a series of beeps, the fan runs, and nothing else happens. I've tried 2 different video cards, one AGP and the other PCI, neither works. So, now I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ruthie
 09/22/2006 10:43 PM

Author Icon
JHawk56
Elite

quote:

Originally posted by: peaches712799
Now surely, they wouldn't have packaged it with a power supply that won't run it, would they?

Depends who "they" are.

So was this a barebones case/PSU/motherboard and you added all the rest? Such packages tend to have minimally adequate PSUs for a basic system. Depending on what you added, it may or may not be adequate.

Please list all the system components. Also the +12V, +5V, and +3.3V amperage ratings from the power supply label, like this but using your figures:

+12V=15A
+5V=30A
+3.3V=20A

You can try a minimal configuration (1 stick RAM, no drives, no cards except video) and see if you can boot into BIOS.

-------------------------
My ECS/PCCHIPS/Amptron PCs<br>ASRock K7VM2
 10/02/2006 12:48 AM

Author Icon
Suzueya

Have had similar issues w/ some of my mobos. Have found what works is do your windows install with whatever PCI card you can get to work in it; - preferably one so obscure that windows does not have drivers for it. (I have used a Diamond card and QDI cards). Once installed, go into device manager and check to see what is listed as being your graphics card driver. If windows has supplied a driver, remove the device from the system then shut down. While down clear the bios then set the clearing jumper back to normal and put in your AGP card while still leaving the PCI card in as well. Then power back up with the machine still on the PCI card. Immediately go into the bios and enable the "Reset Configuration" setting, then save and exit. Reboot and change the video cable over to the AGP card.

It has been a while since I've had this problem; and I am going from memory; but that or some variation of it should work.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information