Increase font size
Topic Title: Something wrong with my duron
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/10/2005 08:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/10/2005 08:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
nes2

Is my Duron *cough* sempron ok?
BTW, the computer won't boot up even after cmos is reset. (800mhz)

05/10/2005 08:14 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

...Duron is not a Sempron...

Sempron is simply a MP enabled Athlon XP of various core types...

Test For Power Pin Shorts in an AMD Athlon™ Package

•With an Ohmmeter, measure the Vcc to Vss resistance of each unit according to Figure 1 for ceramic packages, and according to Figure 2 for organic packages. Use the indicated orientation of the colored probes. The black probe is Vss in both figures.

•Each digital multi-meter probe in Figures 1 and 2 is only making contact with one edge of a capacitor.

•The resistance of a good processor, between Vcc and Vss, should be > 10 ohms (“Palomino” core) and >5 ohms (“Thoroughbred” core).

•If the resistance is < 10 ohms (“Palomino” core) and < 5 ohms (“Thoroughbred” core), the processor should be considered as shorted. DO NOT INSERT A SHORTED PROCESSOR INTO A MOTHERBOARD.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

05/10/2005 08:31 PM

Author Icon
nes2

first of all, I don't have an Ohmmeter, second, I don't think the capacitors on the cpu got overheated because of resistance, the computer won't start up, nothing at all, even after cmos is reset, and memory taken out, there is no beeps from the motherboard, the monitor stays with a orange light, and I have switched the video cards, i've played around with the only 2 jumpers on the board many times, unplugged the computer and taken out the bios battery for about a day and pressing the start up button while the computer is not plugged in the wall, etc... What could possibly be wrong... And something like this happened to another computer, now I have only 1 computer left to even go on the internet.

? It still doesn't work! and I washed it off!

soaked it in alcohol ?

ok I totally, put water on it and dried it with a hairdyer and making sure the cpu didn't get to hot about about 10 full minutes, put the cpu in, still doesn't work, and there was no smoke.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information