Increase font size
Topic Title: processer really messed up
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/03/2006 09:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/03/2006 09:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
supersdude1691

hi, i have had this old amd athlon processor (not sure the model, but it runs at 1400 mhz if that helps) laying around for a while, just in case something ever happened to my athlon xp 3200+, and sure enough, a few days ago, i got a new thermaltake heatsink and fan and i wanted to install it, but in the process, i scratched my processer and now the display doesnt show up. very bad. so i pop in this older processer because i had a term paper due the next day, and when i boot it up, i get this wierd yellow and green square around my mouse pointer, and on lots of the icons on my desktop, and also the sound is all scratchy. is there any way i can fix my 3200 or am i stuck with buying a new one? any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. thanks
 02/04/2006 12:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
chubbyfatazn

quote:

Originally posted by: supersdude1691
hi, i have had this old amd athlon processor (not sure the , but it runs at 1400 mhz if that helps) laying around for a while, just in case something ever happened to my athlon xp 3200+, and sure enough, a few days ago, i got a new thermaltake heatsink and fan and i wanted to install it, but in the process, i scratched my processer and now the display doesnt show up. very bad. so i pop in this older processer because i had a term paper due the next day, and when i boot it up, i get this wierd yellow and green square around my mouse pointer, and on lots of the icons on my desktop, and also the sound is all scratchy. is there any way i can fix my 3200 or am i stuck with buying a new one? any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. thanks

never mess with computers during school year. realized that way back. i schedule upgrades mainly during christmas or summer. and where did you scratch the processor? if your on the pin side no duh it wont work but on the top? unless its a deep scratch i dont see much of a problem... maybe its the graphics problem with your new thing. i think i might have ur chip, cept mines is stock 1 ghz oced to 1.4 ghz. if you cant fix ur 3200 your out of luck unless you look in the no name venders or on ebay as socket a's are no longer in production. if you cant fix it i would go for the sempron, the xp's replacement (as a budget line)

-------------------------
Athlon 64 3700+ @ 2.75GHz, 1.47v
DFI LanParty CFX-3200 (BIOS 4/25/06)
2x1gb Crucial Ballistix PC4000 RAM @ PC3500
WD Raptor 74GB (boot), Seagate Barracuda SATAII 250GB (storage)
Radeon X1900XT Xfire Edition @ 732/865 @ 1.475v/2.094v
Cors
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information