AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Horizontal stripes on screen
Topic Summary: I have horizontal, multi-colour stripes on my screen, almost all of the time. How do i fix this?
Created On: 07/09/2007 12:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/09/2007 12:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
limune

Hello everyone. First of all, I hope i've posted this in the good section, if not, can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Then my topic:

Since a few months I have horizontal, multi-colour stripes on my screen, almost all of the time. They change colour and position when I change something (as in going to another page) and before yesterday they didn't appear in my games, but now they do.

Here are two pictures:

I really don't know what to do, because I already did some things:

-Updated the newest drivers (7.6)
-Changed my resolution
-Changed monitor
But all this didn't work. The only thing that did work was when I started my computer in Safe Mode.

Because of this, I believe that the problem lies within the videocard itself or maybe within my computer-box. Can anyone help me? I really need a solution because I can hardly read anything on the internet because of this.

Thank you all for your help

-------------------------
Jochem Gerritsen
 07/09/2007 02:18 PM

Author Icon
MSfree

Looks like fried video memory.
 07/10/2007 12:26 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Bad video memory.
Try to lower the clocks on your video memory. There's a slight probability that it will hepl. Otherwise ... new video card.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 12/27/2007 12:29 AM

Author Icon
Superdude688

you most likely are posing in the wrong spot, but thats okay.

what is your hardware? what kind of video card? if its not too old, try and return it or contact the manufacturer for RMA. Its definitely either overheating or broken. If you can try opening your computer and cleaning out the dust first, if that doesn't help then you probably have to get a new video card.

- Dave

*update*
CPU: Mobile Athlon 64 4000+ Newark core @ 3ghz (240*12.5)
Mobo: ASUS K8N (HT link @ 960mhz and good @ 1ghz+ also with 250*12)
RAM: 512mb DDR400 + 1GB DDR500 @ DDR460 (2.5-3-3-10 2T)
PSU: 350w nspire?

h4x to teh m4x.
 04/18/2011 12:36 AM

Author Icon
murrayatuptown
Lurker

I added a video card once because my daughter just HAD to have the Zoo Tycoon game and the integrated video MB couldn't handle the video. She probably lost interest in less than a year, and years later the video went wacko, kind of like what you have. I found that the add-on video card had a tiny cooling fan under its heatsink. The fan had frozen. I just pulled the video card & reconfigured the BIOS for the integral video and I was good to go.

I've seen 'industrial pc's' in a manufacturing factory environment overheat due to seized cooling fan bearings also. In my case, the video card was the only thing suffering. The ones at work had horrible overall performance.

Murray
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information