Increase font size
Topic Title: 785G Video Corrupt After S3 Sleep in W7
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/26/2009 12:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/26/2009 12:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dburckh

I just got my new GigaByte GA-MA785G-UD3H. Everything works really well, except once it goes into S3 sleep, I can't play Recorded TV or a DVD. Windows 7 hangs for a bit and then only displays a black screen. I can here audio, but no video.

The workaround is to use S1 sleep, which seems to work fine. I saw another post on NewEgg for an Asus board doing the same thing in Vista, so I assumed this is a driver or chipset issue and not a MB issue.

FYI: Media Center works fine until I try to play a video. This would imply this is some sort of issue with hardware acceleration or the DirectShow filter.

It's consistent and repeatable.
 11/11/2009 07:05 AM

Author Icon
Okki mo

I have the exact same problem with the same motherboard, but I experience it only sometimes. The problem maybe related to .wtv files though, as everything works when they are converted to .dvr-ms files. Also other media (.mkv and .avi) have no problems. It's just the recorded TV and Live TV in Media Centre.

I didn't try S1. First I just restarted the PC whenever I wanted to use Media Centre and it didn't work. But then I figured out that S4 (hibernate) also works. I think that it just has to go though the POST sequence. Maybe some drivers or hardware don't get initialised properly otherwise.

Anyone else with this motherboard or chipset (AMD 785G) have this problem? I hope it's related to the chipset, not the motherboard.
 11/11/2009 10:59 PM

Author Icon
rjc862003

same issue here as well BUT on a 760G
 11/28/2009 04:22 PM

Author Icon
Okki mo

Correction, not just Media Centre is affected by this. Also .mkv and .avi files are not loading and make the system almost unresponsive.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information