Increase font size
Topic Title: Host Application not working
Topic Summary: Catalyst Control Center
Created On: 03/17/2010 11:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/17/2010 11:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Alton Rhymes

For some reason every time I start up my laptop I get Catalyst Control Center Host Application has stopped working....Windows is checking for a solution.

This also occurs if I try to open the Control Center.

Can anyone explain this to me and lead me in the right direction in order to fix it. This is a Sony Vaio that is less than 6 months old and it is frustrating to no end. The laptop came with Vista 64 bit and it did it on that too. I upgraded to Windows 7 in hopes that it would resolve itself but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
 04/03/2010 09:33 PM

Author Icon
UrbanKidx4

Hi. Having the same problem. Brand new rig (AMD Phenom II X4 944, XFX 5670 1GB video, Win 7 Ultimate). Ran for a few days without this issue. Tried downloading the latest catalyst drivers. No change. The new PC ran for a couple days without this issue. My bet is that it was just long enough to let Windows updates screw it up. Definitetly looking for a solution and an explaination. Making it work is a good thing, but a solution without knowing the cause only half works for me.
Cheers.
 04/03/2010 09:34 PM

Author Icon
UrbanKidx4

...and of course my edit skills aren't all that great at the moment...
Phenom II X4 955
 04/21/2010 08:17 AM

Author Icon
UrbanKidx4

I found a lot of threads about the problem. There is a pretty good walk through for a possible soution here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/fo...l-center-launch-gives

First cut at those instructions didn't work for me, but I've got an idea on how to try it again. If I get time this evening I'll give it a shot.

Good luck.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information