Increase font size
Topic Title: UNABLE to install either Win 7 or Windows vista
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/30/2010 04:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/30/2010 04:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rohith1510

Hi everyone..My problem is little complicated..SO please bear with me..
I have AMD 690G chipset..
AMD ANTHLON 64*2 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 3600+..
2 GB RAM..
PHEONIX AWARD BIOS..
250 GB SATA HARD DISK(brand new)..
NVIDIA Geforce 8400 GS..512 MB..

Problem is that i am unable to install either Windows 7 or Windows vista.
After installation Windows vista stops at Vista loader 2.1.2 and Windows 7 after clean installation stops at K8 NPT DATA CHANGE..UPDATE NEW DATA TO DMI POOL DATA..
So i am struck with XP of which i lost motherboard cd..So every time i format my pc i have to search and install drivers for XP..SO please somebody help me with my problems..
(By the way when i installed both xp and vista in same drive,vista actually worked but some commom problems in both OS like WMP,IE did not work..
Thank u all in advance
 07/28/2010 11:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Stamatommy

Hi.. check to see if your cd/dvd rom is set as master. It should be set as slave.

Make things easy for yourself and try this on your hard drive.
- run your windows install disc (choose advanced for win 7 and vista), delete the 'C:' partition
- create a new one and type the size you want as your c: drive. eg. 40,960 MB. You only need 40-60 gb because games and demanding apps will be installed/run from D:. With way better framerates/results too
- Then create another partion which will use the rest and make your D: drive. Click to install on c: and after save/download all your drivers, music ect on D:.
- next time you need to redo windows, you only need to format C: ! fast and easy (}~

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information