AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: ATI Radeon 4600 AVP problems
Topic Summary: This came up back at 10.2 - still not fixed 10.8 - how long?
Created On: 08/27/2010 04:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/27/2010 04:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Rockinghorse
Lurker

Reading forums I see that for some time, people had a problem with Aliens versus Predator going to blank screen if run in DirectX10 or DirectX 11.

This problem has been going on since at least Feb 2010.

It seems the only fixes were to run in DirectX9 or reinstall older graphics driver (Ati Catalyst 9.12).

So as of 25 Aug 2010 we have a new update (Ati Catalyst 10.8) and the problem still is not resolved.

A few details"
If I start the game in directX 10 1920x1080 res it's fine. But that res is a bit jittery in action sequences - logical solution: lower the res.

I can change the res in game and it plays fine - but when I restart the screen goes blank where it would normally show the 20th Century Fox animation.

I have to 'escape out' and run in DirectX9 (and forums suggest I'm among many experiencing the same).

So it seems to be the start movies/animations causing the problem rather than the game play itself.

Now, to me it's unprofessional for a business to accept a client solution which is running old drivers or old DirectX. The solution should be in the driver updates. After all even the ATI website says make sure your drivers are up to date.

So how about a fix?

System:
Acer Aspire X1800 Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33 GHz, 4 GB Ram, Windows 7 64 bit, ATi Radeon 4600.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information