Increase font size
Topic Title: ATI USB 2.0 EHCI and Windows 7
Topic Summary: Need STI USB 2.0 Drivers for Win 7
Created On: 09/11/2010 04:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/11/2010 04:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MickeyNew
Lurker

I upgraded my Compaq SR1800NX to Windows 7, 32 bit. Since that time the front USB 2.0 ports have not worked. I have spent considerable time with both Microsoft and HP tech support with no resolution. In fact, HP does not list Windows 7 as an option for this machine.

It is an ASUS P5RGLA motherboard. They do not list that number on their web site. After considerable effort, I finally got through to them only to find out that this board was made only for HP and they offer no support.

At one point HP support, tier 2 promised me a driver solution, but none has come through. I do not want to give up and go back to Win XP.

Any ideas?
 09/11/2010 05:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
adudley1
B1FF

what does device manger say ?
there is very little info to go on but in most versions of window they use a genric usb driver so the odds are u need to sort out your chip set driver

-------------------------
Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you recognise a mistake when you make it again
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information