AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Driver failing error, where do I need to get help for this
Topic Summary: "AMD driver failed but has recovered completely" HAH! yeah right.
Created On: 09/29/2010 11:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/29/2010 11:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Flashwave
Lurker

Hello, New guy trying to find some help. I'm running a Dell Inspiron with a Radeon Graphics card. Don't remember the specific number, someone could tell me how to find it I will, the laptop is from last April though, so it's a 2010 card. Running Win7 64bit, and have been talking to Dell trying to get the following problem fixed for several months, nothing, and I'm not even sure if ATI can help since the card came from them, but not directly to me.

The problem: Almost any video I play from a website, and it's any any website, the video freezes, then I'm taken to a blank screen. If I'm lucky, then when it does this, the I can get it to come back. I have the website, and the audio continues, but the video itself has been replaced by a green screen. I also get a popup in the bottom right hand corner that says

"AMD driver failed but has recovered completely". Mom can play hers on her Dell (same age, without the graphics card). I can play DVDs, games, and videos off my hard drive. But not the internet. The Dell Home techs bhave proven next to useless, but they did check and the Drivers are up to date. Last move was to reset with important Windows Updates only, seemed to fix the problem, after loading my anti-junk programs (Symantec, Malwarebytes, Ad-Aware, CCleaner,) it's all worked, or aseemed to at least. Then I loaded an IE add-on (Web of Trust) and Adobe CS5, and it's back to it's old tricks. I cannot belive something in CS5 is jacking the video even when not running, but I also wouldn't know what would be doing so to remove it. It is also possible I managed to play 3 dozen vids before the first hiccup, but I doubt it.

So, you guys got any ideas? Or whom should I take my probelm to?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information