AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD RAID Xpert
Topic Summary: How to tell which drive is bad [Bad Disc Sector message] and what to do next
Created On: 12/29/2010 04:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/29/2010 04:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pyradis
Lurker

I have a customer that is having the following issues. Let me know if there is anything that comes to mind as to what they should do. It's set up as a Mirror. 2x 1TB Seagates

>"1. AMD RAID Xpert, AMD RAID1 LD1 Goes Critical, message on start up and occasionally shows up when the server is really being used by all the workstations and the computers in the office. The last couple of slower days it has not appeared. This has something to do with the chip array I think

2. On re-boot, there is a start-up screen (BIOS Screen) and in that screen there is a message saying : Bad Disc Sector, Array 1, Critical Sector"<

What is the best way to tell which one is bad while they are mirrored? I don't think Seagte diagnostics works at the DOS level while drives are raided, plus I don't want to mess up the array or data.

Thanks
Bill
 12/31/2010 04:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bnborg
Driod

The latest Seagate diagnostics, SeaTools for Dos, does indeed work to test individual drives, even if they are part of an array. Not only that, it includes drivers for most current SATA controllers/chipsets.

-------------------------
Two each: Phenom II x6 1090T on MSI 870A-G-54 with 16 GB DDR3 and Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

Two each: Asroch E350M1 with 8 GB DDR2

Athlon II x4 630 on Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 with 16 GB DDR3 and Windows 7 x64
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information