Increase font size
Topic Title: Driver Question
Topic Summary: Radeon HD 5850 Driver
Created On: 03/27/2011 03:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/27/2011 03:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
starrykitty
Lurker

I am currently having issues with Dragon Age II crashing on me, and it is possibly related to my graphics driver. Thus my question comes into play. When I first bought my custom built PC, I attempted to install the latest driver from the AMD website, but I kept experiencing both Dragon Age Origins and World of Warcraft crashing on me, and the task bar telling me my video card had crashed and been recovered. Talking to a friend who builds computers, he suggested I download drivers from the manufacturer of my card, who turned out to be PowerColor. I did so and it fixed the crashing issues.

I ended up having to send my computer back due to a bad motherboard, and when I got it back, Dragon Age II had just come out. I have been playing it quite frequently since then, and only recently I'm experiencing the game crashing on me randomly, like when I move or when I right click on things. The Bioware site mentioned AMD has an AMD Catalyst 11.4 Early Preview to download which should help with any game issues, but I'm really hesitant to download it and have to experience the full video card crashes again. My current driver is version 8.801.0.0 (the latest available on PowerColor's site).

Any advice or light you can shed on this would be super helpful! Thanks!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information