Increase font size
Topic Title: Max temperature for AMD Phenom II x6 1100T BE
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/18/2011 12:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2011 12:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
towlie
Lurker

Hey there,
I'm getting into the mid 50 degree celcius range while playing games for a few minutes. I won't continue for fear of overheating my processor. I just ordered a new CPU heatsink and fan but I'm curious as to what temperature should I start to worrying at.
Thanks,
Towlie

-------------------------
Specs:
-3.3 Ghz AMD Phenom II x6 1100T BE
-Gigabyte M68MT-S2P motherboard
-4 Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 memory
-Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti
 05/28/2011 01:03 PM

Author Icon
Drgoose
Lurker

Hey,

I have an 1100t not O.C.'ed and was playing Starcraft 2 for about an hour. My proc temp was 47C according to Asus Probe program. I was using the stock amd heat sink and fan.
 07/16/2011 03:53 PM

Author Icon
JUGGERNAUTXTR
Lurker

THATS NOT REALLY A BAD TEMP,BUT i WOULD ALSO BE WEARY OF LETTING A PROCESSOR GET THAT WARM FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME
I MYSELF WOULD BE WATCHING CLOSELY AS NOT TO GET OVER THE 55 C MARK, i HAVE NOTICED IT DOES HAVE A SMALL ADVERSE AFFECT ON PROCESSOR POWER AFTER TIME.

AS I LIVE IN AZ I DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH STOCK COOLERS, EVEN WITH THE AC ON I NOTICE TEMPS SLIGHTLY HIGHER THAN WHAT OTHER GET. SO I AUTOMATICALLY THROW AFTER MARKET COOLERS ON MY CPU'S.
 08/15/2011 06:19 PM

Author Icon
godwater
Lurker

It's not a big problem if the temp is under 70 degree celcius.
 11/12/2011 06:38 AM

Author Icon
icecosta
Lurker

But should this 70º be the core temp or the cpu temp? i´ve read in some places it should be the cpu temp but, i´ve also found informatition stating that in full load we should look at core temp not cpu temp, anyone knows exactly what information is right?
 11/12/2011 11:14 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: icecosta

But should this 70º be the core temp or the cpu temp? i´ve read in some places it should be the cpu temp but, i´ve also found informatition stating that in full load we should look at core temp not cpu temp, anyone knows exactly what information is right?

This is the correct information on how to read you temps and which ones are/are-not accurate:

Correct information on how to read your CPU temps: Straight from the horse's mouth

Enjoy!!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information