Increase font size
Topic Title: Desktop with Radeon HD 5450
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/13/2011 10:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/13/2011 10:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
henoik
Lurker

I have a desktop with motherboard/soundboard/graphicscard.
Since its a motherboard... I wonder if I can buy an additional graphicscard without buying a new pc? This is because I want some 3d experience in my gaming... So... Yeah, That says it all.
 06/13/2011 07:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
RBR
Case Modder

Welcome henoik,

So you already have an HD5450 graphics card and want to know if you can replace it, or do you want to add an additional card and run them in crossfire? I'm kinda confused on your question.

If replacing, you usually can buy a higher end card. Things to keep in mind are your card's slot configuration (AGP vs. PCI-E) and that you have a power supply capable of running whatever new card you choose.

If you want to run multiple cards, I don't think the HD 5450 is crossfire capable and so not possible even if your motherboard has an extra open graphics card slot.

Not sure if I helped here or not. If you still need help, please list what your system specs are, and exactly what you are hoping to do.

Cheers.

-------------------------
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information