AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Corrupted Graphics playing COD4 or new SEGA Rally
Topic Summary: Game crashes and I get corrupted graphics when I try to load any game so I have to restart my system.
Created On: 09/19/2011 06:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2011 06:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Leprekaun
Lurker

Hi all. I'm having a strange issue with my PC. I can't pin point what it is yet (CPU / GPU / RAM) but I figured that it could be GPU related since its a graphical issue. The problem is that basically, when I load up COD4 or SEGA Rally, at some point the game would crash and I get an illegal operation message. I then go to load the game again, thinking that its just a Windows 7 error but then the graphics of the game get corrupted. Its hard to explain what I mean by corrupted but basically, when the SEGA logo appears onscreen before the main game menu, the SEGA logo is all over the place and not centered in the screen. Sometimes, I can also see a streak of black lines (horizontal, vertical, slanted) across the screen. This continues right throughout the game and doesn't go away. With COD4, its the same issue and with loading other games too. Once it happens, I have to restart my PC to make it go away. I updated my GPU drivers to Catalyst 11.8 but the problem is still there.

I had my RAM timings in the BIOS set to manufacturer specifications (8-8-8-24 at 1.65v, 1600Mhz) and it still gave the same issue. I tried leaving the settings to auto which sets the RAM to 1333Mhz and the timings (9-9-9-24) but its still there. I booted Memtest to see if there are any RAM issues and they passed the test twice without any errors so this has concerned me now to think that its either CPU related or GPU related, both of which are expensive components. I'm really hoping its a software issue because then I can know that its nothing to really worry about as I could revert to an older GPU driver (any recommendations on the best version?) or if its just a Windows issue that I could solve by reverting back to Windows XP. I will try to force the issue to come up again and record what I see with Fraps so that you can know exactly what my issue is.

-------------------------
Case: Coolermaster 922 HAF
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (C3 / 125W)
Heatsink: Arctic 7 Freezer Pro v2
GPU: XFX 1GB ATI Radeon 5850 XXX
MB: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4
RAM: 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
PSU: Corsair TX 650W
 09/19/2011 07:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Leprekaun
Lurker

Here is a video displaying the problem.Video /><embed src=----http://www.facebook.com/v/10150813630795564----

-------------------------
Case: Coolermaster 922 HAF
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition (C3 / 125W)
Heatsink: Arctic 7 Freezer Pro v2
GPU: XFX 1GB ATI Radeon 5850 XXX
MB: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4
RAM: 4GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
PSU: Corsair TX 650W
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information