Increase font size
Topic Title: Need of serious help!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/11/2009 06:38 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/11/2009 06:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dangme

Ok Here is the setup : Windows XP SP3 , AMD 955BE , Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P.

This board comes with two Realtek 8111c gigabit nics. My problem is I use Teamspeak for voice chat while playing some games. Well every 3 hours i get disconnected from it whether i am actively talking or idling. I have put another ethernet adapter in which is a 10/100 card and it still does it , making sure to disable the other two nics. So my question is am i overlooking something?

I tried it on another computer to make sure it isn't the router but it works without the timeouts. Is it possible it could be related to the quad core? or a protocol within the adapter. I do have the latest bios and drivers for the nics.
 09/14/2009 01:19 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

vIt's either the network card driver or the OS is infested. Try to update your driver to latest version and see if the problem persists. If it does, windows is probably broken.

-------------------------

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 09/14/2009 01:26 AM

Author Icon
B-Shot
Case Modder

Sounds like a registry issue in windows.
 09/23/2009 05:33 AM

Author Icon
dangme

Well, i installed vista in a dual boot on the computer and when i install the drivers and run teamspeak there it does not timeout , so it has to be with the drivers or like B-Shot said a registry entry
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information