Increase font size
Topic Title: programs or software that stops downloads
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/23/2005 09:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/23/2005 09:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Innocent

Hi all there. i am trying to look for a program that when installed on a computer it stops downloads that is if you restart the computer anything that you downloaded or saved on the desktop won't be saved. it only saves documents that are saved in the correct directory. i knew of on called Deep Freeze 2000xp and i have been trying to download it but nothing if you know of any please let me know. thanks
 11/24/2005 06:28 PM

Author Icon
bvchurch

Deep freeze was the program I am going to recommend to you. What deepfreeze does is it saves your current XP configuration and if someone tries to alter it it will work for them, same with downloading a file, but as soon as you reboot the old configuration takes place. Now you can specify certain areas to where no changes will be made.

Its also possible I guess to create a user account that will limit a person to not being able to download a file or such. But I do not have enough experience with that area. I am just familiar with Deep Freeze because my school implemented it in a large scale.
 11/25/2005 11:25 AM

Author Icon
Innocent

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the info do you know where i could get it i am really in need of it as for the job you said it does thats what i want it to do exactly. at my place of work everyone is downloading stuff and its causing computers to crash thus spreading the virus to others since we are all networked. so please if you know where i can get it from i would be more than happy.

thanks again

QUOTE(bvchurch @ Nov 25 2005, 12:28 AM)Deep freeze was the program I am going to recommend to you.  What deepfreeze does is it saves your current XP configuration and if someone tries to alter it it will work for them, same with downloading a file, but as soon as you reboot the old configuration takes place.  Now you can specify certain areas to where no changes will be made.

Its also possible I guess to create a user account that will limit a person to not being able to download a file or such.  But I do not have enough experience with that area.  I am just familiar with Deep Freeze because my school implemented it in a large scale.
[right][snapback]553227[/snapback][/right]

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information