Increase font size
Topic Title: ADSL Router
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/30/2005 10:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/30/2005 10:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Spicoli

I'm trying to set up a ADSL router, but the instructions are about as clear as mud, so i was hoping someone could help.

the instructions say:
Move the cursor to 'network neighbourhood' (which is the same as network connections, isn't it?)
click the right mouse button, then click on 'properties' (i took this to mean right-click on the relevent local area connection and select properties)
select the TCP/IP of your LAN card and click properties (yep, did that fine)
under 'IP address', select 'obtain an IP address Automatically' (again, that bit was fine)
Under 'DNS Configuration', select 'Disable DNS' (well, there isn't any option to disable the DNS, just to select either 'obtain DNS server address automatically' or 'use the following DNS server addresses'. There is also an advanced area but that doesn't have any option to disable the DNS either, any help with that would be great)
Under 'gateway' please remove all installed gateway (well, i think that's okay. In the advanced area, there is a gateway box with nothing in it so i guess there is nothing i need to uninstall)
Click 'OK', system will ask you to reboot your PC. (well, i clicked okay but nothing told me to reboot suggesting i've botched it up somewhere along the way!

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Nick
 08/31/2005 09:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jwsm

What is the OS?

-------------------------
There are two kinds of people in the computing world.....those who have lost data, and those who will.
If your data is worth anything, back it up!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information