AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Wired networking without router ?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/26/2005 10:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/26/2005 10:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Luis.Duarte

Hello,

My DSL modem is Arescom 1000, with USB and ethernet ports. I have one computer with Win XPpro connected through the USB port and the second, with Win 98SE, using an ethernet card and the corresponding cable.

Everybody knows if can I share files, printer, etc. using this configuration?

Thanks for your attention and help.
 07/29/2005 01:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bvchurch

QUOTE(Luis.Duarte @ Jul 26 2005, 07:27 PM)Hello,

My DSL modem is Arescom 1000, with USB and ethernet ports. I have one computer with Win XPpro connected through the USB port and the second, with Win 98SE, using an ethernet card and the corresponding cable.

Everybody knows if can I share files, printer, etc. using this configuration?

Thanks for your attention and help.
[right][snapback]469186[/snapback][/right]

This is a good place to start' ">http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=52145

Unfortunately the DSL modem you have only has enough room for one computer on it, thus its best to get a router if you wanted to share the internet between them, basically you can read through my guide for basic networking tips on creating the network sharing the files. But you can use just a crossover Cat 5 cable between the two pcs, set them up as my guide says, and you can turn on interent connection sharing. You can thus share files between your workgroup.

Hope this helps.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information