AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Could this be some high level hacking?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/05/2005 11:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/05/2005 11:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Takezo_dono

Every know and then my wirless network connectivity seems to slow down then disconnect

this only happens when a wirless network called "Infinite Loop" pops up. When it's gone, everything returns to normal.

I have 128-bit encryption enabled on for my wirless protection which I have changed recently due to this, I also tried to not broadcast my SSID but windows built in wireless utill will not connect to it , only to ones that broadcasts the SSID. I only have a virtual server enabled fowarding 2 ports to my computer inorder for bittorent to work properly, however it does not explain why I loose my wireless connectivity everytime that "infinite loop" apears.

It may just be a coincedence, but I try to regain connectivity, and IE locks up, disabling the wireless adapter locks it up too. It's almost as if they are stuck in an Infinite Loop!

Why would the perpetrator give himself away? Because he probably thinks that even if you did know that he was causing these things, how could you stop him?

Still skeptical? Just before I wrote this, I was browsing the web just fine, untill I noticed my wireless conection acting strange again, Infinite Loop was there, I tried to regain connection again - lock up - it was doing a a loop so bad I had to do a hard reboot to get out of it. It was gone, my connection returned to normall.

Any of you are knowlegeable about this kind of thing?
 03/06/2005 03:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
voodoo3300

He maybe not a hacker, but just someone with a badly configured network trying to use the same channel as your's. I would try changing broadcast channels of the AP and other wireless devices.

Other than that only using WPA and disabling SSIDs is the answer, unless you can find out who is trying to hack you?

Jake

-------------------------
Main:
AMD Athlon 2600+ 333Mhz Thoroughbred | 512Mb in 2x 256Mb DaneElec DDR PC2700 | XFX NF2S-ALH with nForce 2 400Pro | Asus GeForce FX5200 128Mb Magic! | Creative 5.1! Live! | Maxtor DM+9 80Gb and Maxtor DM+8 20Gb | LiteON 832S DVD+-R/RW Dual Layer 8x | LiteOn 48x12x48x CD-RW | Full Black server case with 500W PSU | Relisys 17" Monitor | Wireless Optical Mouse | Logitech Surfer | XP Professional SP1

Server: Intel (Oh no!) 2x Pent
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information