Increase font size
Topic Title: Internet Connectivity Problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/03/2005 03:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2005 03:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DaGoAT

for the past week i've been having issues connecting to websites - my internet access is fine, but when i click a link or go to a website it times out, and i have to refresh it and then it loads. i've had this same problem before on an old computer that persisted for a while until i couldn't connect to the internet at all and it turned out to be a problem with the winsock files. now i really don't know what the problem is here, and if it is the winsock files what are they exactly what do i have to do to fix it? please someone help me figure out what this. FYI i use cable internet (optimum online) if that helps.
 03/06/2005 11:20 PM

Author Icon
DaGoAT

Thanks for the help gentlemen.
 03/09/2005 03:45 AM

Author Icon
AMD808

Have you cleared out your internet history, cache, and cookies? If the allocated amount of space starts filling up with these items, then internet connectivity may be laggy, and sometimes the pages will time out.

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 03/09/2005 08:55 PM

Author Icon
bvchurch

QUOTE (DaGoAT @ Mar 3 2005, 12:05 AM) for the past week i've been having issues connecting to websites - my internet access is fine, but when i click a link or go to a website it times out, and i have to refresh it and then it loads. i've had this same problem before on an old computer that persisted for a while until i couldn't connect to the internet at all and it turned out to be a problem with the winsock files. now i really don't know what the problem is here, and if it is the winsock files what are they exactly what do i have to do to fix it? please someone help me figure out what this. FYI i use cable internet (optimum online) if that helps.
Well there are a few things you need to check out.

Winsock might be corrupted as you say, the best way to fix this problem is to actually remove the windows component of networking, which can be done in control panel, add/remove components, and choosing windows networking.

your browser may have a problem- try another browser, such as Firefox, netscape browser, opera.

Have you ran a ping test at all to some of the sites, try pinging www.google.com and see what your response times are. You could have a connection problem.

good luck

BTW your sig is too big.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information