Increase font size
Topic Title: need help with ip
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/13/2005 05:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/13/2005 05:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
helpmyspacebardontwork

Hi ppl
I knw this is kind of a strange question and away frm usually wat we chat here on... but since all the pros are here always and above all all amd pros so its best if i ask this here only...

Ok see this is the problem tat i face..... there is a mail tat i got frm a person with all crap in it and frm some new email address and i think tat guy made tat email address just to send tat mail and he wrote in it tat he is making tat email address to mail me frm it...... ok so i got the ip frm where it was sent and testing the ip and got the head office of a very popular chain of gaming cafes....... well the ip is frm its head office.... now it turns out that every time i mail frm tat place no matter frm which outlet it gives the very same ip..... my guess is that it is a static ip which is distributed in all the outlets of the cafe and the comps are having individual addresses frm routers but those ips are for the intranet and they dnt get displayed and only tat particular static ip is getting displayed.... now there is where the problem is i need to find out the particular ip..... if i can knw which particular ip he mailed me frm i can nail him down and find out frm which exact outlet he mailed me frm..... ne suggestion ppl?????
 01/13/2005 07:23 AM

Author Icon
helpmyspacebardontwork

hey guys am still waiting for a reply???? is there no one arnd who cud help me out here??? come on ppl i am sure one of u must be knwing wat i am talking abt .....
 01/13/2005 08:31 AM

Author Icon
kccustom

I think he wants to know where an email originated from.

Answer: Check headers

If answer not understood: Check Google

-------------------------

General discussion on IRC @ irc.dynamix.com / #forums.amd.irc
 01/13/2005 09:01 AM

Author Icon
Le_Petit_Lapin

Quick Googling got me this:

How to trace E-mail tutorial' ">http://www.visualware.com/reso...s/tutorials/email.html

Hope that helps you.
 01/13/2005 10:17 AM

Author Icon
ninjastyle

QUOTE (helpmyspacebardontwork @ Jan 13 2005, 11:26 AM) Hi ppl
I knw this is kind of a strange question and away frm usually wat we chat here on... but since all the pros are here always and above all all amd pros so its best if i ask this here only...

Ok see this is the problem tat i face..... there is a mail tat i got frm a person with all crap in it and frm some new email address and i think tat guy made tat email address just to send tat mail and he wrote in it tat he is making tat email address to mail me frm it...... ok so i got the ip frm where it was sent and testing the ip and got the head office of a very popular chain of gaming cafes....... well the ip is frm its head office.... now it turns out that every time i mail frm tat place no matter frm which outlet it gives the very same ip..... my guess is that it is a static ip which is distributed in all the outlets of the cafe and the comps are having individual addresses frm routers but those ips are for the intranet and they dnt get displayed and only tat particular static ip is getting displayed.... now there is where the problem is i need to find out the particular ip..... if i can knw which particular ip he mailed me frm i can nail him down and find out frm which exact outlet he mailed me frm..... ne suggestion ppl?????

What are you gonna do when you find the IP? The best thing to do is ignore it. Sounds like junk mail to me, and if you reply, they'll kow there's someone actually at the address they've sent the mail to. I would block it, report it as SPAM and forget it. By the way, you do mean "that" when you write "tat", don't you?

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information