Increase font size
Topic Title: NvidiaNforceEthernet
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/08/2006 08:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/08/2006 08:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Elie

Hi,
I have a Nforce4 sli mthrbrd.It has a nforce ethernet and a marvell 1gbs.Both worked great until 2day,its connected and internet doesnt work(I reseted my router and nothing changed,also changed cable reset modem and i disabled the nforce firewall) until i connected the ethernet cable into my marvell ethernet and it worked.Now my qstion is i want 2 use the nforce ethernet as it seems a little faster and it has a very good firewall and it dont take alot of resources and CPU.Is there a way 2 make it work?
Note:i tried connecting the nforce lan directly without router and it worked but with router it dsnt work and i realy need the router 4 my PCs.I also tried 2 reset ip and it stay there like 4 many minutes and it say it cant complete the task renewing ip.Any idea?
ThnX 4 ur time.
 04/08/2006 09:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bvchurch

First thing I would probably do is either upgrade or downgrade the ethernet drivers... actually all the nvidia drivers are combined into one packages, but anyways continuing on, my guess is that you are probably gettin an invalid IP address with the nforce even though it appears to be working...(a 169.254.XXX.XXX IP) but I may be wrong. Maybe a different router port or a different patch cable will make a difference, but first a driver update.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information