Increase font size
Topic Title: Router problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/16/2006 02:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/16/2006 02:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jls1986

Hi, I have had a linksys befsr41 for quite a long time, probably around 4 years, and Ive never had a problem with it until now. Me and my dad have our computers hooked up through the router, and are the only 2 devices on it. Everything works fine until he plays battlefield 2 online. When he plays it I cant do anything online without making him lag or getting him kicked out of his games, and I also get kicked off for a minute too. Ive tried setting static IP's but it still does it. What could be the problem?

I also tried upgrading the firmware and that did not seem to fix the problem.
 04/16/2006 06:29 PM

Author Icon
jls1986

quote:

Originally posted by: jls1986
Hi, I have had a linksys befsr41 for quite a long time, probably around 4 years, and Ive never had a problem with it until now. Me and my dad have our computers hooked up through the router, and are the only 2 devices on it. Everything works fine until he plays battlefield 2 online. When he plays it I cant do anything online without making him lag or getting him kicked out of his games, and I also get kicked off for a minute too. Ive tried setting static IP's but it still does it. What could be the problem?

I also tried upgrading the firmware and that did not seem to fix the problem.

Anyone?
 04/16/2006 06:39 PM

Author Icon
zeppelinrox

see if this tcp optimizer helps http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
it always speeds up my connections and networks

-------------------------

Overclocking Help and Links . Why DRM, BluRay and HD-DVD Blow Great tools-> OC Bible v1.52 and Guidemania v1.2
 04/17/2006 01:16 AM

Author Icon
[255]

quote:

Originally posted by: jls1986
Anyone?

I had that very same router... It's now in the garbage for that exact problem. Had it for about 4+ years and it started off by lagging me and my wife if we tried to use the net at the same time, or both of us were playing games (it wasn't our dsl speed, the router itself just sucked)... eventualy it would actualy stall and require being turned off and back on to work again... like it was locking up.....

The fix? Buy a new router. linksys basicaly says the same thing after troubleshooting with them for about 2 weeks or so.

My suggestion? D-link routers are nice

-------------------------
Opty 170 @ 2.5ghz
Asus A8N32 SLI Deluxe
2gig gskill @ DDR456 - 2.5-3-3-6
Saphire ATI Radeon x850xt @ 560/580 -SOLD-... Had to make ends meet.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information