Increase font size
Topic Title: Port problems with RCA DCM425
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/26/2006 11:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/26/2006 11:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Zohaib

I currently have a cable modem router 2-1 one combo and its the RCA DCM425, i have noticed some problems with it in the ports issue i'm pretty sure. People have told me i need to open up my ports for counter-strike because that is what iam having problems with, and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which is the right thing to you use i have provided a picture of three things Port forwarding, port triggering. and port filtering now i need to know which one to use and how for lets say opening up the ports, thank you for your support.

07/27/2006 01:09 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dot_pixel651

to open up ports, use port forwarding. what you do is set the local ip address for ex. in your case 192.168.0.x (x being the number of the system you are trying to open the port to) then for the starting port and ending port, you put the port number for ex. 21 (ftp port) if its just one port, you put that port number in both boxes. if you have a range of ports, you do for ex. 20 for starting 21 for ending. therefore, you have a range of ports 20-21. for protocol, usually its TCP but if you dont know, use TCP anyways. if there is an option saying both and you dont know, use both. then check the box to enable your setting. that should do it. good luck.

dot.

-------------------------
AMD Opteron 165
ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe
PNY 2x512MB DDR500
eVGA 7800GT
WD 2x160 / WD 250
ASUS 16x DVD-ROM / NEC 16x DVD-RW
Samsung 1.44
Ultra X-Finity 600
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information