Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Duron Processor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/13/2006 02:28 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/13/2006 02:28 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jim Martinkus

When my computer was custom made, the store installed a AMD 750 MHZ K7 Duron processor. This was done in January 2001.

I am reviewing new software for the computer and the software manufacturer's recommended system requirements is for a Pentium II or better CPU.

Is the AMD 750 MHZ Duron Processor sufficient to run this type of software?

I look forward to any information you can provide.
 03/14/2006 11:07 AM

Author Icon
Old Camper

quote:

Originally posted by: Jim Martinkus
When my computer was custom made, the store installed a AMD 750 MHZ K7 Duron processor. This was done in January 2001.

I am reviewing new software for the computer and the software manufacturer's recommended system requirements is for a Pentium II or better CPU.

Is the AMD 750 MHZ Duron Processor sufficient to run this type of software?

I look forward to any information you can provide.

G'day Jim, and welcome to the forum.

Sure, an AMD Duron running at 750 MHz will be plenty good enough to run that particular software. It can be compared to a Pentium III, some of which run at around 733 MHz.

It should work fine, just make sure you've got enough RAM and hard disk space available (as per the manufacturers' requirements).

Respectfully,

Old Camper
Proud sporting shooter and member of the SSAA.

-------------------------
One day, humanity will advance forward and leave behind our humble little world to reach innumerable heights of technology, evolution and civilization, to bring our imaginations into the unsuspecting universe and ourselves... play God.
| Email/MSN: old_camper@hotmail.com | Visit the SSAA | IRC @ #forums.amd.irc on irc.d
 03/14/2006 11:07 AM

Author Icon
Logan[TeamX]

Yes, in your case the CPU is more than suffiicient for the task at hand based on the manufacturer's specifications.

Cheers,

Logan
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information