Increase font size
Topic Title: Server restart when loading AD
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/09/2006 12:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/09/2006 12:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
denrooster

Hope this is the right place for this:

Came home last night to find I cannot logon to me storage sever remotely /ohmy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='ohmy.gif' /> . Went to the sever and it was restarting over and over /sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' /> . It gets to where windows is loading screen and then restarts. Safe mode does same thing./huh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='huh.gif' />
Tried to repair the installation per windows website. All went good until it tried to install the Active Directory services /wacko.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wacko.gif' /> . Thats as far as it gets, just keeps restarting.

Any help to resolve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

PS this server has a software raid setup, 900GB with about 400GB used. I don't want to lose all my data if at all possible.

-------------------------
AMD 64 X2 4600+, Zalman CNPS9500 LED CPU, Windows XP X64, Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64(FX), Corsiar 2GB DDR400, ATI Radeon X800 XL DVD Edition PCI-E 256MB DDR3 , Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Card, Raptor 74.6 SATA 10,000RPM , Hitachi 7K500 500GB SATA II 7200RPM, 2 SONY Black DVD DRU720A, Thermaltake SOPRANO VB1000BWS Black, Hiper Modular TypeR 580W Power Supply . I'M IN HEAVEN!!!!&#
 01/09/2006 09:19 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bvchurch

I do not have experience with Server 2003 so I can not guarantee you that everything i say is 100% accurate. First hit f8 at startup and try using Last known good config. That may take care of it. Next you could try safe mode with confirmation, which asks you to ok the starting of every component. Finally do you have this raid setup partitioned at all, ie keeping windows on a seperate partion?
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information