Increase font size
Topic Title: Help With Print servor, no ip address
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/21/2006 11:24 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/21/2006 11:24 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kickslikeamule

Hi

Can any one help me with this print server. i have 2 pcs both sharing a broadband connection via a netgear wgt624 router. i have set them up so i can use the internet on both and also can access the second hard disc on one machine from both.

My girlfriend uses 1 and i use the other. mine is quite slow to boot and mine is the one my printer is connected to via usb - its a hp deskjet 5110. i thought that to make things slightly easier i would buy a print server.

i didnt want anything flash just something to do the job so i bought a edimax 1205um single usb port unit.

i was under the impression that i could connect this unit directly to my netgear router/switch and then could print via either pc with out the other being on if i needed to

ive connected it and am at a total loss, ive run all of the setup programs but the network just doesnt see the print server. ive gone into the router menu and the item is listed as an attached item, but the print server seems to only offer a mac address and the ip and name spaces are blank. im sure that this is the reason the computers can not see it on the network but i dont know what to do to rectify it.

has anybody else had this problem or does anybody know what i am doing wrong

thanks andy

-------------------------
AMD Athlon XP 2800+, DFI Lanparty NF2 Ultra B Motherboard, 512mb PC2700 DDR333 Ram, Radeon 9800XT Graphics, Thermaltake 12" Liquid Cooling Kit, 1 x 40gb Maxtor IDE HDD, 1 x 200gb Maxtor S-ATA HDD, 450Watt PSU. Cobra Gamin Gase. 7 Fans, UV Liquid Coolant, 2 12" UV Tubes.
 01/22/2006 01:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bvchurch

Well I am not familiar with the Edimax printer, or any print server for that matter. Anyways I would first recommend reading thorugh there manual. I browsed through it, and its a tad bit confusing I must admit. Basically from what I can get power up the printer first, then put the print server on. Then run the cd installation, and it should take care of everything. Have you tried contacting this companies support either?

http://www.edimax.com.tw/downl...manual/PS-1205Um_M.pdf' ">http://www.edimax.com.tw/downl...manual/PS-1205Um_M.pdf
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information