Increase font size
Topic Title: Ok, need to get back at a co-worker
Topic Summary: Good prank needed
Created On: 08/10/2010 02:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/10/2010 02:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Northbridge
Fanboi

So, to relieve stress we tend to pull pranks on each other every once in a while.

While getting coffee this morning, the facilities manager, who gets to sit with us in IT even though he's nearly 400 years old decided to make fun of my shorts.

I feel like screwing with his computer in some way, shape or form.

I've already done the message pop-up onto his screen that his computer is hacked or whatever, I've done the screenshot of his desktop-hide the taskbar and use the screenshot as his wallpaper so it looks like his computer is frozen trick...but I'm tapped out of ideas right now.

Anyone got any good ones?
 08/10/2010 08:35 PM

Author Icon
Speedwayaudio
Overclocker

pull the keys off of his key board and move them around. you can even spell out jerk, dork or what ever.

-------------------------
FX 8150 X 8 4.5MHz
Asus Crosshair V
ATI Radeon HD 6950 X2
8 gb Corsair Dominator GT 9-9-9-24@ 1866mhz DDR3
Seagate 7200.10 HDD LG BluRay HD DVD
w/LightScrib
Crucial M4 128 SSD
55"Vizio LCD
Corsair HX 1000 psu
NZXT Phantom Black
Corsair H80 push/pull
Razer Death Adder VooDoo edition mouse and Keyboard.
 08/11/2010 12:37 AM

Author Icon
cvsi3
Elite

Go to his computer, move the mouse all the way to the bottom right so it is hidden. Then hit the Print Screen button on the keyboard. Go into paint and Paste it. Now minimize paint, move all the icons into a folder, go back into paint save the picture, then set it as the background, now hide the toolbar. Wealah The Desktop will be an image of everything that WAS there and is no longer. Now he will try to click on stuff but it wont do anything because its just a picture. Happy Pranks!

i7 2600K - Asus Maximus Extreme-Z - G.Skill DDR3 2133 CL9 - MSI 5870 - Corsair 1200w PSU - 2 x Western Digital Raptors Raid 0 - Swiftech Apogee XT Water Block - Swiftech MCP655 Pump - 120mm Quad Rad - Windows 7 - Ubuntu x64

5311Mhz Validation
 08/11/2010 06:26 PM

Author Icon
Northbridge
Fanboi

Originally posted by: cvsi3

Go to his computer, move the mouse all the way to the bottom right so it is hidden. Then hit the Print Screen button on the keyboard. Go into paint and Paste it. Now minimize paint, move all the icons into a folder, go back into paint save the picture, then set it as the background, now hide the toolbar. Wealah The Desktop will be an image of everything that WAS there and is no longer. Now he will try to click on stuff but it wont do anything because its just a picture. Happy Pranks!

Yeah, that's a classic and it's timeless. Already done it too him, though.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of macros and such...hmm...so many choices for one poor old man.
 08/11/2010 07:15 PM

Author Icon
RBR
Case Modder

Well, there's the BlueScreen Screen Saver v3.2 Microsoft made just to prove they do have a sense of humor.

08/31/2010 06:53 PM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

You can create you're own executable to display loops of strings and stuff that looks like a virus infection and have it run in the startuip folder. It's harmless, but if done right can be pretty funny to watch the panic set in.

Or you can reassociate default programs on file extensions to auto run on programs that cannot run those file types. Such as WMP for word files, notepad for audio files, etc.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!
 09/01/2010 02:04 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Make sure the messenger service is on and make a batch file that sends a few hundred 'net send' messages.

Something like 'click 1000 times to continue' and an actual counter on the messages.
I can show you how to do it.

Other then that, you can seal-off in newspapers his whole office, glue his keyboard, stick 1000+ note stickers on his office or make a task that restarts his PC every 5 minutes (using shutdown command).

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 09/06/2010 06:52 AM

Author Icon
action man

my personal favourite .. press Ctrl, Alt and the DOWN cursor key. will flip his desktop upside down

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
 09/06/2010 02:01 PM

Author Icon
L4d
Overclocker

Originally posted by: action man

my personal favourite .. press Ctrl, Alt and the DOWN cursor key. will flip his desktop upside down

I tried this and nothing happened.

Lad

I have had this name before the public announcement of L4D.
 09/07/2010 05:15 AM

Author Icon
action man

it may be an intel integrated graphics "feature" lol ive only ever done it on work computers which are always intel based for some reason...

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
 09/08/2010 05:51 PM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

Put a Linux Live CD in the optical drive. Watch the fun ensue

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!
 09/10/2010 04:35 AM

Author Icon
Speedwayaudio
Overclocker

This is not a pc prank , but can be fun. When I sold Car Audio at a local market. It could get a little boring at times. So I crazy glued 25 cents to the floor and watch to see how mad they would get when they could not pick it up. It was so funny. The look of pure joy on there face when they spotted the money. Then the total let down when it was stuck to the floor. One old guy went and got a screw driver and came back to get that 25 cents. lol

FX 8150 X 8 4.5MHz
Asus Crosshair V
ATI Radeon HD 6950 X2
8 gb Corsair Dominator GT 9-9-9-24@ 1866mhz DDR3
Seagate 7200.10 HDD LG BluRay HD DVD
w/LightScrib
Crucial M4 128 SSD
55"Vizio LCD
Corsair HX 1000 psu
NZXT Phantom Black
Corsair H80 push/pull
Razer Death Adder VooDoo edition mouse and Keyboard.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information