Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8Ghz problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/14/2010 01:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2010 01:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Downstem
Lurker

I am having many issues overclocking this CPU, it has crashes multiple times after I log into windows (Makes weird noises for speakers,and Screen freeze).

I am doing everything correctly could this be a bad CPU? I am only going up to 3.5Ghz and it freezes so I go to 3.2-3.3Ghz and it still freezes.

Gigabyte- 880GA-UD3H (2.1)
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8Ghz
4GB DDR3 HyperX Kingston 1333Mhz
Radeon HD 5770
Windows 7 ultimate
Bought a better CPU heatsink Aswell, not the stock one and 4 fan cases.

CPU clock Ratio X14
Core Performance boost~Disable~
CPU Frequency ~250~ = 3.5Ghz
Memory clock x6.66 = 1666Mhz
HT Link Frequency 2500Mhz
CPU Northbridge 2500Mhz (Auto)

Voltages (Auto) Think default CPU is 1.450V

-------------------------
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition ~4.02Ghz~
Corsair H70 liquid cooling
Radeon HD 5770
Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H
Antec 650W
Barracuda 500GB 7500 RPM
Kingston HyperX 4GB ~1333Mhz~
Antec Dark Fleet DF-30 Mid Tower ATX Case
 10/16/2010 08:19 PM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

I had problems with that on ym Gigabyte board with my 1055T. What you want to make sure is that your vCore is around 1.40v first. You shouldn't need more than that. I've had mine up near 4GHz at 1.41v and it worked fine. Too much voltage and it doesn't seem to like it. Also make sure that you memory can handle the 1666 speeds you're at now. You may need more voltage. I'd start by dropping your HT and NB multipliers down to 9 and see if that solves it. If it does, you'll need to add more voltage to your HT and NB to run at a 10 multiplier.

Any other questions and I'll try to help when I can, but I am quite caught up in my studies, so please be patient. Else, hopefully others can chime in here.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!
 10/16/2010 08:24 PM

Author Icon
L4d
Overclocker

I need +.2 voltage on my Uncore @ 2500mhz. HT is stock voltage @ 2500mhz.
http://forums.amd.com/game/mes...138837&highlight_key=y

Lad

I have had this name before the public announcement of L4D.
 10/16/2010 08:53 PM

Author Icon
ianto
Lurker

also i would say lower your north bridge clock (if you can with that board)
it might be your chipset overheating. but what cooling are you using for the proccessor? if its the stock then your reaching your limits pretty much

I Call It Reaper, Its Not The Best But Its Mine

Phenom 9850 2.5 Clocked at 2.93
4gb 800mhz Dual Channal
M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe
2X XFX 9600 GSO in SLI
 10/17/2010 03:08 AM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

I'd say let's start back at the begining instead of trying to start in the middle. Turn your multipliers down on your CPU, NB and HT and then increase the reference clock by 5MHz. Start at 205MHz and then go to 210MHz until it's unstable. Back it off the last stable point. What I mean by stable is your are running a stress test like OCCT or Prime95 or something like that on your system. We're trying to find the fastest your RAM will run at. Of course you can increase your voltage on the RAM and keep going till you are at say 1.7v or 1.8v. I don't know your RAM, but that's a good limit to start with for now. Now that we know what speeds and voltages your RAM can hit, we can move onto your CPU.

Leave the CPU multiplier at auto and disable turbo. Keep the other multipliers turned down and back off your RAM divisor to say 2.66 or 1066MHz. Now start doing the same thing that you did to your RAM, but this time you will be testing your CPU's limits. At stock, your CPU should use only 1.3 vCore to 1.35 vCore. I'd personally stop at 1.45 vCore. Now while finding the absolute limit of your CPU, you may have to add some voltage to the HT link because your reference clock will get pretty high. This is where those fancy unlocked CPUs are nice with the unlocked multiplier, but you can still do pretty good going this way.

Once you find the limit that it runs stable, you can turn down the CPU multiplier and RAM divisor and go onto your NB, and then onto your HT. testing it this way removes some fo the limitations when you OC your whole system. You'll know what voltages and what limits your chips and RAM will need to be at to achieve certain settings on your OC.

It's a long process, trust me, but it's worth it in the end to have a stable OC and have a greater understanding of your system if you do crash.

*This is just a quick and dirty explanation. There are overclocking guides around here with much more detail and thought process put into them.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information