AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fast Memory For AMD 955 Black, Asus M4A785TD-V EVO (New System Builder)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/11/2011 07:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/11/2011 07:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DPTampa
Lurker

Hello, Everyone;
I Am A Newbie Attempting To Build My First Barebones Computer From Parts Instead Of A Barebones Kit Sold By A Reseller Where The Major Parts Components Have Been Selected For You As Part Of The Benefits Of Buying The Kit.

I Very Much Am In Need Of Assistance In Determining Which Memory Would Be Best Choice To Compliment This System. The Primary System Components Include An Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Motherboard And AMD 955 Black Edition Quad Processor And Will Be Operating Windows 7 64 Bit.

I Am Also Planning To Explore Overclocking And See The Changes It Has On Performance As Well As The Consequences Too.

Unless Recommended Differently, I Planned On Purchasing 8Gb Of DDR3 Dual-Channel Memory With 2 @ 4Gb Memory Boards.

G.Skill Memory Has Been One Manufacturer's Memory That I've Read About Recently With General Comments Of Good Performance At Considerably Lower Prices. Part Of My Confusion Is Understanding How To Make A Good Decisoin On Memory When These Articles Do Not Directly Pertain To The AMD 955 Black Processor And Mobo I Am Using In This System.

Please Recommend Any Memory Based On Your Experience And Knowledge. I Have Not Decided G.Skill Is The Memory I Plan To Purchase. I Plan On Purchasing Memory Based On Your Input And Recommendations. Hopefully, Someone Will Offer The Input That Will Really Benefit Me In Making This Selection.

-------------------------
I Greatly Appreciate Your Help,
-DP-

Edited: 02/12/2011 at 03:48 PM by DPTampa
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information