Increase font size
Topic Title: Help OverClocking
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/15/2010 04:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/15/2010 04:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
katafago
Lurker

I recently nearly compleated my system and i would like some help understanding overclocking more.. i read alot of articles and still i see my self a nuuubb...

My current Rig Setting is :
AMD 1090T 3.2 Stock CoolMaster V8
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
OCZ 1600Mhz AMD Black Eddition Ready
Gigabyte ODION PRO 800W PSU
ATI CrossFire -2x Sapphier Vapor-X HD5770
2x 1TB HD Western Digital Black Cavier 32MB Cache
CoolMaster HAF X Case

I am planing to get a SSD soon but the prices here are too high soo i am waiting to travel...

and after reading alot of reviews i saw that the 2x5770 is better price for performance than one 5870...

are there any recomendations to start pushing this system to the max...
do u think these compnenets need modifications as in ram frequiencies or bus speeds?

Katafago
 11/15/2010 01:09 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Rising Against
Lurker

Hey
looks a good kit , iam fairly new to overclocking so dont take what i say as law
I would start by taking readings of idle and load temps as you are then check them with the components max temps . That will tell you if you have room to overclock. if your looking good from there then try AMD overdrive , if that doesn't work( didnt work for me) then look around at bios overclocking. Get to know what you are doing, youtube has loads of good vids. then slowly begin to inch your system up. The main thing is to overclock is very small sections so as not to damage your system, every time you overclock it bit more take new temp readings and run the stability test on AMD Overdrive that way you know things arent about to get all messy If you want to overclock your GPU then i would use Catylist control center. IF that doesnt overclock enough for you then AMD again have a good tool
as before take it slow watch temps and run appropriate stability tests
as I said I am no expert so I would try get others opinions to
As I said I am not expert
Hope it helps

-------------------------
Hard Disk :WDC (500 GB)
Physical Memory :4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM )
Video Card :Sapphire Radeon HD 5570 Series(GPU: 700MHz GM:850MHz)
overclocked
Processor: AMD Phenom 9550 (2.31Ghz) overclocking
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information