Increase font size
Topic Title: Need Help Over Clocking
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/10/2010 05:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/10/2010 05:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
katafago
Lurker

I recently nearly compleated my system and i would like some help understanding overclocking more.. i read alot of articles and still i see my self a nuuubb... cuz this is my first AMD system and i see a huge change from intel yet im verry happy i made this change...

My current Rig Setting is :
AMD 1090T 3.2 Stock CoolMaster V8
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
OCZ 1600Mhz AMD Black Eddition Ready
Gigabyte ODION PRO 800W PSU
ATI CrossFire -2x Sapphier Vapor-X HD5770
2x 1TB HD Western Digital Black Cavier 32MB Cache
CoolMaster HAF X Case

I am planing to get a SSD soon but the prices here are too high soo i am waiting to travel...

and after reading alot of reviews i saw that the 2x5770 is better price for performance than one 5870...

are there any recomendations to start pushing this system to the max...
do u think these compnenets need modifications as in ram frequiencies or bus speeds?

Katafago
 11/08/2010 02:38 PM

Author Icon
msibayan
Lurker

I am no expert when it comes to over clocking but your hardware looks good and you should have no problem overclocking. It varies form system to system. I would read up a lot on your CPU and motherboard for a start.

-------------------------
Case CoolerMaster CM Storm Sniper
Mobo: MSI NF980A G-65
CPU: AMD Phenom ll X4 965 BE C3 @4046.71 GHZ
RAM Corsair DDR3 4 Gigs 1600 MHZ @1540
CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS9900a led
VID-CARD BFG GTX 260 x2 SLI
PSU Corsair TX850w
SEAGATE 500 gig 16 MB 7200 RPM SATA3
 11/08/2010 03:59 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Run a load on your rig at default freqs and voltages and watch your temps. I would recommend something like Prime95 to stress your CPU and furmark to stress your GPU(s). Pay close attention to your NB temps with this motherboard to make sure that you have good contact between it and the heat sink....if it gets too hot then you should remove the heatsink and replace the TIM. Do a couple of test fits to make sure you are getting proper contact. Some had to take further action still and shave the stand-offs down a bit to get the proper contact.

Bottom line.....on air don't go above 55C in your stress testing and try not to go above 1.5v for a 24/7 OC on your CPU.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information