Topic Title: Ed banned?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/04/2010 10:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/04/2010 10:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
B-Shot
Case Modder

Rumors have it Ed was banned if so for how long?
 04/04/2010 10:33 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Yeah??

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 04/04/2010 10:36 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

He was banned, I guess mime put a IP block on him.

Lol after a rather colorful return on another account.

Long story, all of it was quite needless. But mime is the mod so I stay out of it.

Want to know what happen, ask in PM please.

AMD phenom II 1090T @ 4.23 Ghz custom water cooled
Asrock 890 FX deluxe 3 mother board
4 GB DDR 3 1600 @ 1688 Mhz 7 7 7 24 T1 2688 Mhz NB
2x 1 TB WD Sata III 64 mb cache HDD,s raid 0
2x 5870 HD @ 1015/1300 Asus reference
Dual OS win 7 x64 ultimate & win 7 x32 Ultimate (bench os)
 04/14/2010 11:47 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Not trying to ripple the waters or anything but....can Ed come back now?? I mean it was stated that he was banned for 1 week as per Mime on 03/27/2010 01:47 AM CT.

Originally posted by: Mime

Originally posted by: ed6698

We shall see. I kinda figured this would stir the pot so to speak with ATI people.

I had a feeling you would keep that routine up. I really don't think I was unclear about it the first time. Come back in a week, but if you're still sticking your head in the sand and complaining about "ati people" then don't bother coming back at all.

The time has passed and then some, what's the good word?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 04/14/2010 11:54 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

I agree, time to let him come back so he can see nvidia loose to ATI once again lol.

04/14/2010 11:57 PM

Author Icon
slaveondope
Case Modder

Originally posted by: PC-GURU -

I agree, time to let him come back so he can see nvidia loose to ATI once again lol.

+1 I agree

More Advanced Micro Devices than Intel
 04/15/2010 02:41 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

I meant that jokingly Ed lol.

Ed is in contact with corporate offices at AMD and there acting as an assistant to get this resolved.

As I already stated with Ed, I was one of the very few that was there when this all unfolded.

So Like I will tell them and the Admin, thou things where said n Ed side and things done on mimes side that I do not agree with. Nothing ed did I felt would in any way lead to permanent banishment.

In my opinion mimes long term actions where over the top, ed's in your face i7 tactics was over the top.

Ed sends his apologies, now let's move on.

My involvement here is in no way to take sides in any way shape or form , but to be here as a friend to Ed.

I have nothing but the up most respect for mime, I am sure what he did what he felt he needed to do.

From talking with Ed I am sure he will chose his words more careful, we all have the right of freedom of speech, but on a private owned site Tact should be considered when talking about the product and company who owns the site lol.

04/15/2010 03:10 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

My opinion on the matter comes as a parent....

If you make a public statement then you should back it up with exactly what you stated otherwise it confuses the masses and starts negativity, despite and conflict. In this instance, we never saw when Mime gave the specific warning to Ed, and it did not appear to anyone what exactly he meant by his statements in terms of actions/consequences.....

03/18/2010 03:00 PM

Well Ed, last time I checked managing the threads posted on this forum was my job not yours, and I see no problem in how dimwit presented this article. I'm sure you've got some reason behind being stuck on Nvidia, but I really don't care what you think or what you have to say about it. I've had about enough of all the silly antics that have surrounded this thing.

All the talk of Fermi here hasn't escaped the attention of AMD, and I know being able to talk about competing products is important to a lot of the people that post here. However, if things continue like this, then things might as well go back to the way they once were.

03/18/2010 03:25 PM

I didn't have any problem with your post either Guru. You weren't around when things were a lot tighter when it came to competing products, so just to clarify... I'm just thinking out loud here on how it doesn't seem to be worth it to be sticking up for that when lots of annoying stuff is all we get out of it.

I don't have anything against either party, but I do know that a generic/general warning was issued out to no-one specifically, then out of no-where the hammer came down. Mime stated the terms of the punishment publicly and that was not honored. This is what I personally have a problem with.

....If this is an extension to the punishment because Ed came back on with another account then this should have been dealt with by banning the IP address(es) instead of just the account, which is an oversight on Mime's side and should not impose extended sanctions by Mime......unless he made this statement to Ed in a PM or an email, it was not made publicly to my knowledge.

Bottom line...IMO....Mime has a supervisory role on this forum and has the ability and the right to ban people, but when specifics are made publicly to the punishment and the duration of the punishment, then they must be honored to the T on a public or a private forum.

...sorry for the rambling....I needed to get this off my chest.

Edited: 04/15/2010 at 03:16 PM by Canis-X
 04/15/2010 03:22 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

see your PM bro

Edited: 04/15/2010 at 03:30 PM by PC-GURU -
 04/16/2010 05:07 AM

Author Icon
magdary
Case Modder

Personally I'm sick to death of all the Fermi bull.

Fermi is hot and hungry but certain members seem to be taking every opportunity to run Nvidia down, if I did that on here with a failed ATI product I'd be kicked to the kurb.

I remember when a certain member was banned for ribbing ATI with his profile piccy.

How about we go back to helping people out and ditch all this childish behaviour.

Thats the AMD forums that I used to like.

Edit . . . and before anyone says it yes I do run Nvidia but if I needed a GPU right now it would definitely be a 5850 or if I could stretch to it a 5870 becuase thats the smart way to go.

Edited: 04/16/2010 at 05:50 AM by magdary
 04/16/2010 07:46 AM

Author Icon
B-Shot
Case Modder

There are about 20 post in various threads that are more harsh than ed's post and the members are still here, everyone in here has passion for the hardware they own no matter how new, fast, or how much it cost and when someone flames what we have, we generally defend what we have and why we have it, if there is a name for it it is not somthing new its been done before.........we are a diverse group in here that wouldnt generally mix but we do just to help the newcomers to the forum which ed has always done in a polite way unlike a few members that just talk down to the noobs. Where's the beef?
 04/16/2010 09:07 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: B-Shot

........we are a diverse group in here that wouldnt generally mix but we do just to help the newcomers to the forum which ed has always done in a polite way unlike a few members that just talk down to the noobs. Where's the beef?

+1

04/16/2010 09:39 AM

Author Icon
pcnazz
Sub Zero

Good Luck Ed on coming back . I am sure you meant know disrespect and you apologized so again Good Luck on being reinstated . For the rest of us this is an AMD forum . I have AMD / ATI Asus 5970 Crossfire but now I am running a different cpu for the moment and would love to post my benchmarks here but I know they don't belong here and it would be disrespectful for this forum . If you want to run or research Fermi then go to a site that supports Fermi / Intel . How ever there is a spot for non AMD equipment General Technology Chat Non AMD Product or Processor Specific Related Items. . If a vote were up to have Ed back based on the information on this thread I would vote YES ! Much success to all in 2010 !!!

Room Temp H20 | 2 Stage Cascade | PH II X6 1090T BE | PH II X2 555 / Asus CH4 v905 | i7 970 / Asus R2E v1914 | Corsair HX1000 1210W | Asus 5970 QF | Corsair Dominator GT 2000 | WD VR 3+0 Raid ( 450gb )
 04/16/2010 11:23 AM

Author Icon
JC
Elite

+1 You both are good guys and I wish to not get involved more than just to say I hope to see you BOTH around!

04/16/2010 01:15 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: jcocanour

+1 You both are good guys and I wish to not get involved more than just to say I hope to see you BOTH around!

Both guys?? Ed is the only one we are talking about here....who is the other guy? LOL

04/16/2010 02:23 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

probably thinking me lol

God knows I should have gotten banned first.

guru is a xxxx and a xxxx I hear this often enough out of the nvidia boys lol.

That and I am quite positive mime don't like me.

But then again I use AMD exclusive for my business. Although I am a small business. I still give them thousands of dollars every months in business.

On a funny note, I went on nvidia forum where I had an account. had being the optimum word here. I posted that I had gone to xfire and what a difference ATI makes. lower power , lower heat and they banned me lol.

Was kinda the intent lol.

Edited: 04/16/2010 at 02:30 PM by PC-GURU -
 04/16/2010 05:49 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

On a funny note, I went on nvidia forum where I had an account. had being the optimum word here. I posted that I had gone to xfire and what a difference ATI makes. lower power , lower heat and they banned me lol.

Was kinda the intent lol.

Now that is funny! They banned you just like that??? Do you have a link? I would like to see what you said and their reactions.

04/16/2010 06:09 PM

Author Icon
PC-GURU -
Lurker

deleted lol

all I said was

Well made the move to ATI 5870 HD tri xfire. Was glad I did, less power and less heat and hella lot of power. The in game quality is quite a bit better then my 285 GTX was.

That is all I said lol.

Deleted and banned. Nvidia must be a bit edgy.

Edited: 04/16/2010 at 06:22 PM by PC-GURU -
 04/17/2010 12:57 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Troll Hunter

Originally posted by: B-Shot

Rumors have it Ed was banned if so for how long?

True, he was. I hadn't been my old grouchy self here for quite some time. That and I looked around and saw that there were too many heroes without any villains. Someone had to do something about that. You know the story from there.

Unfortunately Fusetalk doesn't have the three strikes you're out kind of warning system that IPB did, so kicking people out is the only thing we can do in cases like this. I would have much rather given a warning for something like this instead of just nuking the guy outright.

How long... I dunno. Despite being fairly common, the whole deal of coming back after the original account is disabled is just totally silly. Without that I would have taken the ban off already, so probably not much longer.

Ed is in contact with corporate offices at AMD and there acting as an assistant to get this resolved.

As I already stated with Ed, I was one of the very few that was there when this all unfolded.

So Like I will tell them and the Admin, thou things where said n Ed side and things done on mimes side that I do not agree with. Nothing ed did I felt would in any way lead to permanent banishment.

If there was any attempt to contact our admins, then they must not have had any problems with my decision. Usually when someone gets banned I get an email from our admins asking why, but in this case I never heard anything. I kind of expected it to turn out that way with this being Fermi related and all about competing products and everything... which honestly is kind of lame.

I've always hated it whenever something had to be done about fanboys mostly because it makes people think that I care about what's inside your machine. I don't care, and that's the whole point of doing something about it. If someone goes to so much trouble trying to promote ATI that they point to an old and funky ATI-something in the Commodore 64 while ignoring stuff like the GSOD driver bug that is affecting people right now, then maybe they need to be backed off a bit. If someone else goes to so much trouble that they hunt down benchmarks from some website in Guam or something where Fermi does not suck, then maybe they need to be backed off a bit also. I know that this carries with it a sense of responsibility that's getting hard to find these days, but that's where I stand on it.

Containment Breach

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
 04/17/2010 01:05 PM

Author Icon
dimwit13
Code Warrior

hey mime, ask the powers that be, if we could

GET SOME STICKIES ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IS IT REALLY THAT DIFFICULT TO HAVE THEM?

-dimwit-

fight to the death, i will-AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

and please change the "CODE MONKEY" under my name-PLEASE.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information