Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Website
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/02/2011 07:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/02/2011 07:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
random_name
Lurker

Hi there,
Technically this doesn't belong here, but I can't find any other way to contact AMD about a bug on their website.

I went to http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ to submit a tech support request, filled it in with my email etc. But when I submitted it I got an email back from noreply@amd.com telling me:

This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply.

Dear Customer,

You submitted your Service Request from an email address that has
not been registered in our Services Portal.

In order to process your inquiry, we require you to submit your
query via our services portal.

http://emailcustomercare.amd.com

We apologize for any inconvenience.

But that's how I submitted the issue in the first place! And because it obviously isn't working, I can't contact you folks to report that it's broken, hence this message here.
 07/23/2012 09:18 AM

Author Icon
Macros
Lurker

Bump!

At first i also wanted to post my problem through http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ but i found that:
1. There's no appropriate category to do so.
2. It requires a lot of personal data.
3. I can't really excpect any response from there as the site in polish language is a joke...
The site is in "polish" but i have to choose my language and there's no "polish" there.
I was redirected to polish version from US site version and i could almost see the reasoning behind this if not
for the title which says: "Klient Troska Email Formularz"...
From what i remember it was the same about 4 years ago and it doesn't really mean anything.
It's and auto-translation from some online site that no one even slightly knowing polish language cared
to check.
You could write "we don't care" in traditional chinese as well, cute but unprofessional.

And the problem:
When setting processor filter at http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUResult.aspx , site randomly changes it's language.
And t's not due to the lack of english version of results, i can just modify the url and i have them in english.

Ps. I kinda couldn't find the "new thread" button on this board nor could i find the possible reason in rules.. oh well, meaby i somehow omitted it.
Ps2. Sorry for my poor engrish.
Ps3. Judging from the response to the thread i'm posting in, you don't care anyway. Supprise me (positively).
 07/23/2012 10:10 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Hello, I'm sure that they care, but as with any large corporation there comes a time when something that is usually 100% reliable breaks and when that time comes, it is hard to find someone to take ownership of the issue....this is most likely the case.

Unfortunately, this is a users forum and is not monitored by AMD staff so it will most likely not be responded to as a matter of fact I would be shocked if someone from AMD did respond.

Cheers!

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 07/23/2012 10:17 AM

Author Icon
Macros
Lurker

@Canis-X
Forum Rules and Regulations
"><br ">http://...../ca...&zb=5302954

>>SITE GUIDELINES
>>
>>This site is moderated by both AMD as well as 3rd party member moderators,(...)

Not that i doubt you that AMD mods weren't here since the day after the beggining.
Still, meaby they'll supprise me .

EDIT://
Anyway, I'm glad that someone replied

EDIT://
I understand that this is a huge company.
That there may be some broken links, for months, meaby even a year if it isn't important.
That one may wait long for a reply from customer care.
That it may be hard to find someone responsible for some things.
But seriously, it's hard to believe there's no IT staff in AMD
Especially after reading what OP wrote.
If their main was defaced would they also react after a year? ^^'
But it seems they won't care till some bigger blog writes about it :S

Edited: 07/23/2012 at 10:34 AM by Macros
 08/20/2012 10:26 AM

Author Icon
admin_account
Lurker

Thank you for your comments. We are aware of the previously reported issue with regards to the e-mail webform through http://emailcustomercare.amd.com.

Due to periodic updates, we may occasionally experience temporary issues to the webform. We apologize for the inconvenience. In addition, we have forwarded your comments on Polish language support with the appropriate information included. Thank you.

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied
 08/20/2012 04:10 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Hello admin_account, I'm not sure if you are a legit AMD employee or not, but if so can you please correct the not being able to setup and use a custom avatar as well?

[Reference: http://forums.amd.com/forum/me...d=158361&enterthread=y]

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
 08/21/2012 12:04 AM

Author Icon
unclefester1
Overclocker

Hmmm.... interesting. First post in 5+ years???

Antec 1650B
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910w
ASUS M3A79-T DeLuxe
1090T x6 @Boiling in the La-Boratory
Corsair H70
OCZ Reaper 8500 2x2 *Pending
ASUS 5970 (under OC investigation)
EVGA 260 55nm (holding pattern)
SeaGate 320x2 16GB Sata
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro
Logitech Z-5500
XP Pro SP2
 08/22/2012 01:56 PM

Author Icon
admin_account
Lurker

Originally posted by: Canis-X

Hello admin_account, I'm not sure if you are a legit AMD employee or not, but if so can you please correct the not being able to setup and use a custom avatar as well?

http://forums.amd.com/forum/me...d=158361&enterthread=y

Hello Canis-X - We have already submitted a request on the issue with customized avatars. Thank you for your comments.

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this do*****ent is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied
 08/22/2012 02:46 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: unclefester1

Hmmm.... interesting. First post in 5+ years???

...I know right?

Originally posted by: admin_account

Hello Canis-X - We have already submitted a request on the issue with customized avatars. Thank you for your comments.

Thank you admin_account!! When was the support request submitted and did they give a time-frame for a resolution at all? Do you guys have a Service Level Agreement (SLA) in place with them with your support contract? What importance level did you prioritize it with and finally, what is the contracted turnaround time based on importance level to the customer?

Sorry for all the questions, I work in the support IT field as well so I am trying to get an idea if/when this might be corrected.

08/24/2012 03:04 PM

Author Icon
admin_account
Lurker

Hello Canis-X - We reported the issue just prior to your post and received a report that the issue is now resolved. Please confirm for us.

Generally, our support contract structure allows for reported issues to be addressed within two business days with the priority level based on the discretion of our forum support team. Please note that some issues that are reported may require additional time for full resolution.

AMD Customer Care

Edited: 08/24/2012 at 03:12 PM by admin_account
 08/25/2012 08:03 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Hmm, we've tried to contact are usual contacts and there's been no replies...

Please try to keep us mods in the know if possible.

Thanks!

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

08/28/2012 03:26 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

Originally posted by: admin_account

Hello Canis-X - We reported the issue just prior to your post and received a report that the issue is now resolved. Please confirm for us.

Generally, our support contract structure allows for reported issues to be addressed within two business days with the priority level based on the discretion of our forum support team. Please note that some issues that are reported may require additional time for full resolution.

Thanks again for the update. I am able to update my profile with my custom avatar again so that was a nice change of pace. I still cannot see it though in this thread, can anyone else?

08/28/2012 05:00 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Troll Hunter

Viewing the image gives me...

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

It's an intermittent problem. It's ok for a while, then stays dead for a few days at a time before coming back to life again.

Containment Breach

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
 08/30/2012 02:57 PM

Author Icon
admin_account
Lurker

We received an update from FuseTalk Support and they mentioned that the issue may be browser-based. They confirmed that they tested successfully on MS Internet Explorer 9 and FireFox 12, however not on Chrome 21.

What internet browsers and versions do you have?

AMD Customer Care

08/30/2012 03:22 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
The Frozen One

I prefer to use Chrome for all of my web browsing, although I noticed that both the processor and the game forums do not like avatars at all, generally speaking. That being said, I've been stuck using IE9 recently.

On the moblie (android) side of the house, the only browser that plays nice with the processor and game forums has been Dolphin Browser.

08/30/2012 03:41 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Troll Hunter

I most commonly use Firefox, version 15 is installed on this machine. It happens at home also and I commonly use Firefox there also. It seems to happen only with custom avatars that have been uploaded by a user. The stock avatars don't appear to be affected, so my guess is there's some kind of permissions issue around the files when they get uploaded.

Containment Breach

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
 09/07/2012 12:56 PM

Author Icon
admin_account
Lurker

Thank you for all your comments. We have forwarded your information to FuseTalk Support for further review. We will continue to keep you updated on any further progress on the issue.

AMD Customer Care

09/08/2012 01:33 PM

Author Icon
TLH

I can see custom avatars again. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

1100t on M5A99x-EVO with 2x4gb and 6870 running Win7 on Force120 ssd in Corsair 600t cooled by H100. Folding for team 34106
 09/08/2012 07:30 PM

Author Icon
Mime
Troll Hunter

It's still wigging out a bit here, but yeah... it seems better. Sometimes the avatars work until I post something, and then when the page reloads they die, but they don't stay dead for as long now.

Containment Breach

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information