Increase font size
Topic Title: Genral chat area
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/11/2004 03:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/11/2004 03:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
koolaidwa

I was wondering if there might ever be a genral chat area where fellow AMD lovers and users could talk about the things that might sway off topic or just curious about. The reason I mainly ask this is because of the quality of the posters here, other forums even if the topic goes offtopic u find flamers and bashers, This forum tends to weed out the ones who do that so i think having a place where we could have a gen chat place would be a addition to this great forum, because i know i would trust a lot of the peoples opinions over other boards on things thats arnt tech related

hope i worded it all right for this area

thanks for your time

-KoolAid

EDIT
I am mainly dirrecting this to support 1 thanks in advance for reading this and hopefully for a reply

EDIT 2
Thanks for that info mime, and for the irc info i will have to check that out sometime

-------------------------

[b' ">http://di.fm ..... CAT - "Oh no, I'm Dwain Dibley"
Just say no to Black Eyed Peas! ..... I Fish Therefore I Am!
 08/11/2004 04:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mime
Troll Hunter

No, I'm afraid not. Discussions about technology can become heated even though it's a relatively tame topic. If all other topics were allowed(some being much more volatile), no doubt the number of topics needing moderation would increase greatly. The decision was made to have no general discussion area since this would only take away from the central purpose of this forum: the asking and answering of questions about AMD products.

However, there is a place for general discussion with members of the community off the forums, on IRC.

server: irc.protium.com
channel: #forums.amd.irc

-------------------------
Containment Breach

Do not meddle in the affairs of archers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information