Increase font size
Topic Title: recent unwanted posts
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/18/2006 07:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/18/2006 07:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Andy-M

every so often, someone gets in to the AMD forum and post a load of unwanted material that is deffinately unsuitable for for the younger members & unwanted by the rest of us, as was the case this morning.

I know nothing about how these forums work but had an idea that might help if it can be done & so am posting here.

I notice that in our control panel for this forum, it is possible to "Ignore" PM's by any particular member. We simply add them to our address list and select "Ignore this user".
So my suggestion/question is this:- would it be possible for those who are responsible for creating this site to expand on this funtion further so that we can also exclude topics started by any particular member?

I know this wouldn't serve to prevent our site being attacked as we were this morning, but at least when it does happen, we could all select the "Ignore topics started by" option and then we would be able to get along with using this site without having to filter out the unwanted posts.

-------------------------

HAPPY PHENOM USER ! ! !!!
 06/18/2006 09:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
TLH

You already have the option to Ignore User for just such occasions as this.

Just go to the members user page and click the Profile Options box in the top right corner.

Please feel free to report posts like this mornings.

-------------------------
The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

1100t on M5A99x-EVO with 2x4gb and 6870 running Win7 on Force120 ssd in Corsair 600t cooled by H100. Folding for team 34106
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information