Increase font size
Topic Title: E-mail notification
Topic Summary: subscribing
Created On: 10/05/2007 04:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/05/2007 04:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

E-mail notification of subscribed threads isn't working anymore and hasn't for the past week. Just thought yuo folks should know. Unless it's just me, but it seems to be for other users also, and probably everyone esle.

-------------------------
Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!
 10/06/2007 07:08 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

And I keep getting 'Topic Moved' spam even if I disabled that notification in my cPanel.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro

Edited: 10/06/2007 at 07:09 AM by Overmind
 10/07/2007 07:42 PM

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

Originally posted by: PorscheRacer14

E-mail notification of subscribed threads isn't working anymore and hasn't for the past week. Just thought yuo folks should know. Unless it's just me, but it seems to be for other users also, and probably everyone esle.

x1...

Cmon mods this has happened since the server was down one day last week for a few hours, so probably has something to do with whatever was done then..

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide
 10/09/2007 10:16 AM

Author Icon
Support 4
Lurker

Hello everyone. The issues you are referring to han been corrected please advice if you continue to have problems.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.
 10/10/2007 01:39 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

Thank you.
Make sure to check (and disable) the expire date on the guides section because guides seem to disappear from there after a period.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 10/11/2007 06:48 AM

Author Icon
PorscheRacer14
Ardrid Returned

I'm still having subscription problems, and had to repost my guide, lol. Guess the gremlin is still there somewhere. Thanks for all the effort so far.

Multi-Core Upgrade Guide

Do you want a world ranking? Join Team Fusion in Forum Warz 2011!
 10/11/2007 09:28 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

I'll PM Support 4 and give them the heads up.

MD

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

10/17/2007 02:37 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

I'm still getting the 'Topic moved' mails.

There's a new problem: the topics that are replied to, show as new when I'm not logged in, not when I am. When I login, everything shows like already visited.

10/17/2007 11:38 AM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator

I'm pointing the fusetalk reps to this post, I'll ask the fusetalk rep to PM you guys/gals having problems...

Us mods don't have control over this issue, we can only forward the problems to those above us...

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

10/17/2007 07:05 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator

Overmind, I've been asked by those in charge if you could clarify your post:

Here is the response I received from "Those in charge"...!

When you're not logged in to the forum, you're considered a "guest", with no acknowledgment of what has been viewed/read. When a user logs in, the cookie is established, and the system recognizes what was last viewed by that member based on the cookie information passed. So, if Overmind replied to a topic, when he logs in, that topic is not tagged as "new", since he has already viewed it, being the last poster in that thread. Does that make sense?

For everyone else:

Our IT has done some investigation as it is suspected that some emails were being blocked by some spam lists (not exactly sure which ones), which may explain why some and not all users are experiencing issues not receiving emails from the forums. Corrective action has taken place, but may take several hours to work itself out. Can you probe your users over the next day to two to determine if the issue still persists with them?

Hopefully this will be sorted out soon for you.

MD

10/18/2007 04:18 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

since he has already viewed it, being the last poster in that thread. Does that make sense?

It's bugous because everything shows as read when I log in (with no exceptions), even if I'm not the last poster in the threads and even if the threads have been replied to since my last visit.
-LE-
Adding to that, when I myself do RE a message, the 'new message icon appears'. This is not normal either.

Edited: 10/18/2007 at 04:28 AM by Overmind
 10/18/2007 07:15 AM

Author Icon
KachiWachi

I have to agree.

I only log in when I wish to post.

The "latest topics" link is always updated in the cookie whether you are logged in or not.

Thanks.

KachiWachi

Moderator - Wim's BIOS

CPU #1 - DFI 586IPVG, K6-2/+ 450 (Cyrix MII 433), 128MB EDO. BIOS patched by Jan Steunebrink.
CPU #2 - Amptron PM-7900 (M520), i200 non-MMX, 128MB EDO
CPU #3 - HP8766C, PIII-667, 768MB SDRAM
CPU #4 - ASUS P3V4X, PIII-733, 256MB SDRAM
CPU #5 - ??? ;)
 10/18/2007 12:52 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator

Okay cool, so I will now send that onto fusetalk/AMD.. I've been telling them to check out this thread.

Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information