AMD Processors
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: AMD Official Support - possible or not..???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/09/2008 10:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/09/2008 10:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kazgirl
Elite

I wish that AMD were to provide a site with updates or news about their products, that would be updated and given as much resources as evidently they are putting into monitoring and reporting the developments into the Intel situation...

It would be great if they were to have a site for their processor range with a dedicated team of people to reply to users queries, a sort of AMD troublsehooting site..... as there has been a load of problems with the Phenom CPU's and a great deal of confusion as to the source of the problem....

Or even if they were to have an official support team available to reply to posts on these forums, that would be great to....

they could be of huge assistance to a great number of AMD users.... and having access to an online support facility of this type would be a great incentive for people to buy their product as well....

OCZ have staff who reply to people queries on their forums and I know that a lot of people make use of it, and even recommend OCZ RAM because of it...!!!

Sending e-mails to a support e-mail address and getting a canned response is not the same.... how often do people send an e-mail to support e-mail addresses only to never receive a meaningful reply, or have to wait for days at a time for a reply which normally needs further explaining.....

Imagine if there were an official AMD Support member on the forums avaialable to give advice or offer suggestions, it would be a great thing to promote AMD products that would cost very little in the bigger picture, maybe 2 IT Techs on an alternating rota to monitor the forum and reply to queries.... and if needed then to point people to other channels of support....

It could do wonders for AMD's PR image...!!! and possibly even boost sales if people were to be made aware that such a feature were available.... maybe a little flyer included in each PIB with the URL and listing the types of assistance available..!!

Its great that these forums exist for users to be able to post their problems, and share solutions that they come up with.... but how much better would it be if there was a dedicated official presence with professional advice for users as well.... !!!

-------------------------

3DMark06 = 20717 / 3DMark Vantage = P13618 / My Overclock Guide / My Troubleshooting Guide

Edited: 04/09/2008 at 11:02 PM by kazgirl
 04/10/2008 01:16 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

That's not the way. Too much people would be required.

What AMD needs is a community manager; someone to link the forum users to various AMD staff.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 04/10/2008 02:04 AM

Author Icon
MikeB12

I wouldn't know the ultimate solution, but some very valid points indeed...

I really like the official support forums at XS: Gskill, Corsair, and OCZ.
but heck, that's not even their company forum and they have reps that respond in them.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/f...forumdisplay.php?f=48

I kinda get the gut feeling having a company tech rep on this forum would be nice, but they'd get hounded all the time, and spend most of their time explaining the same thing over and over. from the repetitive questions I've seen in my short time here, makes me wonder if the search function is even used or doesn't produce good results.

and much of the questions from new users are basic PC 101 stuff, AMD is just the cpu on their motherboard... it has nothing to do with the problem or the post. I dunno, maybe I'm just being cranky...

just my .02

*Q6600@3330mhz 1.35v - True120 | Abit IP35pro | 2x2GB Gskil | 2 x EVGA GTS 250- shader 1890 | Corsair HX520 | OCZ Vertex 60GB/Seagate 7200.11 500GB
*x4 810@3250mhz 1.32v - Xigmatek S1283 | MSI K9A2 CF-F 790X | 2x1GB Kingston HyperX | 2 x MSI GTS 250- shader 1890 | Antec EW 500
*Q6600@3330mhz 1.36v - Scythe Mugen | Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L | 2x1GB Ballistx | XFX GTX 260 (192) shader 1512 | OCZ Stealth 500w
 04/10/2008 06:50 AM

Author Icon
Andy-M

I have to agree with MikeB12's last 2 paragraphs there.
It would be nice to have official AMD presence here, but i just dont think it would be workable.

HAPPY PHENOM USER ! ! !!!

Edited: 04/10/2008 at 06:50 AM by Andy-M
 04/10/2008 12:52 PM

Author Icon
MD - Moderator
Deployer of Mjölnir - House Keeping

Be pretty hard to do since they are laying people off ATM...

Hard to justify that to the shareholders...

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.

Physics? Ha! This is clearly magic and devilry at work. Prepare firewood! We have witches to burn!

04/11/2008 08:21 AM

Author Icon
Overmind
Assimilator

EA created a community interaction system only if it failed a few times.
Hopefully, same thing won't happened to AMD.
Of course we can't compare the relevance of CPU-design suggestions to that of games suggestions, but still... briliant ideas can save the day.

World's best Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge mod and Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 mod: Overmind.ro
 06/17/2008 09:26 AM

Author Icon
Kab

Macci already does help at XS and to XS users he knows as far as my nephew told me back in November and he's an AMD employee. I think people shouldn't follow conjectures as that leads to way too much misinformation especially and evidently as happened with Phenom processors. Only now has the mud and dust started settling.
Statistics
112018 users are registered to the AMD Processors forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Contact AMD Terms and Conditions ©2007 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Privacy Trademark information