Topic Title: XFX HD6970
Topic Summary: My card wont Autoscale
Created On: 08/07/2012 09:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/07/2012 09:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
SimonVad
n00b

Hey.

Ive recently bought a XFX HD 6970 and matched it with my ASUS 24" VE248H through HDMI. 

The issue is, that every time i boot my PC, it takes 2-5 minutes to autoscale. Im running Catalyst 12.7 Beta atm, but running 12.6 didnt fix it.

If i manually adjust the scaling, it will fix it every time, but this cant be true.

Contacting AMD support is hopeless, and my problem is kinda frustrating.

Anyone who can tell me how to fix this?

08/07/2012 02:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Are you using a cable that is DVI on one end, and HDMI on the other?  If so, that can throw off the communication of the EDID Data from the display.

What you are describing is an issue AMD is aware of with the current crop of drivers.  AMD is working towards a resolution too.

If you do not need audio to the ASUS display, try a direct DVI cable connection.

You may have luck in trying this:

Go into the Vision Engine Control Center > HDTV Support, and add all the 1080p NTSC formats.  Click, apply.  Under Desktop Management > Desktop Properties, try the 1920x1080 resolutions you add.  You may need to change the scaling, but after applying they should stick upon reboot.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
88802 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.