Topic Title: Quadfire 7970 + Eyefinity = Freeze and Lockups
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/03/2012 08:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/03/2012 08:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KaRLiToS
n00b

Hi, I am new to this forum and I have been looking around the net for any solutions but I didn,t find any yet.

My problem is: I can't play Eyefinity (8064x1440) with my Quadfire 7970, I tried all the drivers up to RC11 and I still get the freezing.

It does it after a couple of minutes or it can do it after 2 hours of Battlefield 3 gameplay.

Here is an example of the crash I am getting under ALL GAMES.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNE0qyyiZE8

So far I have tried everything.except change the PSU but I heard some people having this issues that changed their PSU and it still did it. A guy from Hard Forum (Dan_D) tried to change the PSU and it didnt work. He also had a RIVE and Intel 3930k, he decided to change for GTX 680s instead and the problem disapearred. (He also tried the 7970s Trifire in his Rampage III extreme x58 without success)

I just tried PCIe Gen 2 and it still did it after a few minutes in Modern warfare 3.

This is the test I did so far

1st Card (XFX) eyefinity =  Pass
2nd Card (PowerColor) eyefinity = Pass
3rd Card (XFX) eyefinity = Pass
4th Card 9power Color) eyefinity = Pass

All combinations of Crossfire (2 x 7970s) + eyefinity = Pass

Quadfire 7970s + 1St screen and DVI d = Pass
Quadfire 7970s + 2nd screen and 1st miniDP to DVI (USB powered) = Pass
Quadfire 7970s + 3rd screen and 2nd miniDP to DVI (USB powered) = Pass

Trifire + eyefinity = Fail  (all combinations)
Quadfire + eyefinity =  Fail

So my problem only lies with trifire and Quadfire+ eyefinity. Here is some open threads about this issue

1. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?21534-AMD-Response-to-Trifire-Eyefinity-issue-on-the-Rampage-IV/page5
  2. http://www.overclock.net/t/1295809/eyefinity-quad-fire-7970-ccc-12-8-12-x-crash-galore-what-to-do/0_30
  3. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1708626

All threads have one point in common, crossfire + eyefinity.

This is my fully watercooled system specs

• intel i7 3930k
  • Asus Rampage IV Extreme
  • Corsair Dominator 2133Mhz (4x4GB) (9-11-10-27-2N)
  • PSU: Lepa G 1600 (1600W)
  • patriot Pyro SSD
  • Crucial M4 SSD
  • wastern Digital HDD
  • 2 x XFX Black Edition 7970 (reference)
  • 2 x PowerColor 7970 (reference)

PS: Important: Before I had my Quadfire 7970, I had 3 x 6970 WITH THE SAME HARDWARE AND MONITORS AND DONGLES AND IT WAS WORKING.

-------------------------

i7 3930k
Rampage IV Extreme
Corsair Dominator 16 Gb 2133Mhz
Quad fire 7970

09/03/2012 03:39 PM

Author Icon
Rumraket
Peon

I get the exact same crash with Radeon HD 7850, despite me NOT using multiple monitors or cross/quadfire or anything else. The HD 7XXX series cards are simply fuxxed and, since this problem has persisted (in many different games, from WoW to Minecraft )ever since catalyst 12.4, I guess they're simply not able to fix it.

09/03/2012 06:29 PM

Author Icon
Vantharas
Polygon Pusher

Originally posted by: Rumraket I get the exact same crash with Radeon HD 7850, despite me NOT using multiple monitors or cross/quadfire or anything else. The HD 7XXX series cards are simply fuxxed and, since this problem has persisted (in many different games, from WoW to Minecraft )ever since catalyst 12.4, I guess they're simply not able to fix it.

False. I use eyefinity all day everyday. Its not "fuxxed" at all.  And I do not have any issues playing everything with eyefinity from wow to minecraft..

I5 3570K@4~5.0ghz: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H:Corsair Hydro H110 :16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-3 1600: XFX Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1575 : Corsair AX 860 PSU: x1 WD Black 1TB HDD's: 90GB Agility 3: 960GB SSD : Creative Labs X-FI:Corsair 500R Arctic White Edition:3 22inch Monitors Eyefinity @ 5294x 1050 : Alienware Tact-X Keyboard: Razer Naga :Corsair Vengence 1500 Headset: Corsair SP2500 Speakers

09/03/2012 06:34 PM

Author Icon
Mkissner
Farming Materials

Originally posted by: Rumraket I get the exact same crash with Radeon HD 7850, despite me NOT using multiple monitors or cross/quadfire or anything else. The HD 7XXX series cards are simply fuxxed and, since this problem has persisted (in many different games, from WoW to Minecraft )ever since catalyst 12.4, I guess they're simply not able to fix it.

Sorry, but I have an ASUS DC2 7850 OCed and Eyefinity, and runs charmly..

There's nothing wrong with the HD7xxx series..

To the OP:

Quad-Fire it's not always good scaling. People have been reporting this issue all the time. Tri-Fire, scales better..

Besides, your PSU seems to have !!6 rails!!, so maybe they're not well balanced??..

Have you tried other versions of CCC???..

Best regards..

8320 @ 4,7 / 990FXA UD5 / 7950 @ 1100-6000 / Switch 810 / H110 p-p / 16 GB RAM / 23" 5760x1080 / SSD 64GB RAID0 / HX750 / SB Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion / z506

09/03/2012 07:05 PM

Author Icon
fretboard

LEPA for all intents and purposes = ENERMAX .. That particular unit is based off Enermax's PLATIMAX 80+ Platinum rated PSUs ..

HD 7970 TDP MAX = ~ 250W

AM3 965BE / Corsair H70 / 4Gb Corsair XMS3 2000Mhz / GigaByte 990FXA-UD5 / Corsair Force3 90Gb / x2 HD3870 Atomic Edition / x4 1Tb Storage & Momentus XT 250Gb / Sony AD-7700 DVD-RW / Auzen X-Mystique / Enermax INFINITI 650W / Lian-Li PC-7FNWB / Logitech X-530 / Logitech KBoard & MX620 / Logitech C525 / Epson RX685 / DELL U2312HM

09/04/2012 05:21 PM

Author Icon
Rumraket
Peon

Originally posted by: Vantharas

False. I use eyefinity all day everyday. Its not "fuxxed" at all.  And I do not have any issues playing everything with eyefinity from wow to minecraft..

You can play wow in directX 11 mode without getting freeze+crash issue also shown in the op video? Try it for a week and report back here, and if you get no freeze+crash issues tell me your in-game and driver settings, including driver version. 

Let me make clear that I think the issue is driver related, not card related actually. I can see how what I said wasn't formulated correctly. 

Anyway, I'm not talking about eyefinity specifically, I play without it myself. But the 7XXX series is plauged by freeze+crash problems for countless users. Check these very forums, check the wow forums, check the Rage3D.com forums. I'm not alone with this issue, neither is the op. I've made a thread on this issue here: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=445&threadid=161015&enterthread=y

You're welcome to tell me how to fix it. I'd like to be shown to be wrong here, I don't like to have a freeze+crashing computer. The problem is, you'll have to explain to me why the 12.3 drivers work, but all subsequent catalyst versions don't. This means the 7XXX series are plagued by a driver related issue introduced in the 12.4 catalyst version and it hasn't been fixed since. 

The easy answer to the issue is to do a rollback to 12.3, but unfortunately the 12.3 drivers have other issues with other games I play, like RAGE. They're also horrible control-center wise. And of course, all subsequent catalyst versions since 12.3 have performance and stability improvements in many other areas. I'd like to use the latest drivers where at all possible. 

09/04/2012 06:23 PM

Author Icon
Mkissner
Farming Materials

..tell me your in-game and driver settings, including driver version. 

But the 7XXX series is plauged by freeze+crash problems for countless users.

First, you have to be aware that in the zillion possible combinations of hardware and software that every user have, including drivers, it's mostly a probabilistic rule that "maybe" this or that software/game could fail..

It has to do with a guy named Murphy and its law..

Second, it have been like this since the born of computer: some people has issues, some others don't.. Now, compare the millions of hardware the big companies sells, and count the amount of people having "any given" issue..

My point is: maybe in the WOW forum there's many (or plenty) people having issues.. Now, check how many copies of the game were sold.. Too big difference..

One advice??: post your systems specs.. All you have done is complain about a problem, without telling us what's your system specs (something the OP did).. Maybe there's something wrong there..

Best regards..

8320 @ 4,7 / 990FXA UD5 / 7950 @ 1100-6000 / Switch 810 / H110 p-p / 16 GB RAM / 23" 5760x1080 / SSD 64GB RAID0 / HX750 / SB Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion / z506

09/04/2012 08:18 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

If your issue is reproducible...you should use the AMD problem report form. Everyone who has this issue should use/report it.

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBF

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

09/04/2012 08:55 PM

Author Icon
KaRLiToS
n00b

I have sent many Drivers Report. AMD never answer back, they also don't seem to try to fix that issue. 

I have spent around 300 hours trying to debug my cards and nothing seems to help.

i7 3930k
Rampage IV Extreme
Quad fire 7970

09/04/2012 09:14 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: KaRLiToS I have sent many Drivers Report. AMD never answer back, they also don't seem to try to fix that issue. 

I have spent around 300 hours trying to debug my cards and nothing seems to help.

Excuse me, but where does it say they are going to report back to you? If the issue is reproducible and if more than 1-2 users report it...then it stands a good chance of being noticed/fixed. As mentioned by Mkissner, there are hundreds of thousands of people playing the game and thousands with your graphics card. Are all of them experiencing this issue? If so then they should be reporting this to AMD. Maybe it has to do with motherboards, game settings, CCC settings, etc etc. If enough reproducible reports are made..and it is a driver issue (not a user issue) then it will be fixed. If you want someone to respond (maybe) to you (besides us lowly users) then use the 'Customer Care Form' http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ . If you want to report the issue to the people who do the work, then use the Catalyst (driver) Form http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBF

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

09/04/2012 10:01 PM

Author Icon
KaRLiToS
n00b

Excuse me, but where does it say they are going to report back to you? If the issue is reproducible and if more than 1-2 users report it...then it stands a good chance of being noticed/fixed. As mentioned by Mkissner, there are hundreds of thousands of people playing the game and thousands with your graphics card. Are all of them experiencing this issue? If so then they should be reporting this to AMD. Maybe it has to do with motherboards, game settings, CCC settings, etc etc. If enough reproducible reports are made..and it is a driver issue (not a user issue) then it will be fixed. If you want someone to respond (maybe) to you (besides us lowly users) then use the 'Customer Care Form' http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ . If you want to report the issue to the people who do the work, then use the Catalyst (driver) Form http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBF

If you are willing to be contacted, please provide your email address below.

Email Address:

There is no need to be on the offensive my friend.

I just come here to share my issue with the community. And by the way, hundred of thousands of players using Quadfire 7970s (4) with triple 1440p monitors? I doubt it. There is not a lot of users using 8044x1440 resolution with Quadfire 7970s

I am just trying to solve my problem with my 2600$ GPUs setup.

Thanks a lot for your help and links "Stumped"

i7 3930k
Rampage IV Extreme
Quad fire 7970

09/04/2012 10:54 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Hey KarLiToS!  Good to see you over here, seen you on OCN several times (you have a really nice looking rig).  Man, I have a really similar setup to yours, too bad you don't live closer, I would let you pop them in my rig to troubleshoot.  I wonder though if the fact that the Graphics BIOS shows two different manufacturer's might be causing your issues.  Have you attempted flashing BIOS on one of the cards so that it would match two of the others to see if that would allow you to run Tri-Fire (assuming that you have experience with doing that)?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/05/2012 04:17 AM

Author Icon
Rumraket
Peon

Originally posted by: Mkissner

..tell me your in-game and driver settings, including driver version. 

But the 7XXX series is plauged by freeze+crash problems for countless users.

First, you have to be aware that in the zillion possible combinations of hardware and software that every user have, including drivers, it's mostly a probabilistic rule that "maybe" this or that software/game could fail..

It has to do with a guy named Murphy and its law..

Second, it have been like this since the born of computer: some people has issues, some others don't.. Now, compare the millions of hardware the big companies sells, and count the amount of people having "any given" issue..

My point is: maybe in the WOW forum there's many (or plenty) people having issues.. Now, check how many copies of the game were sold.. Too big difference..

One advice??: post your systems specs.. All you have done is complain about a problem, without telling us what's your system specs (something the OP did).. Maybe there's something wrong there..

Best regards..

You missed the part where I linked a post with my problem, wherein my system specs are detailed. 

But here they are for your pleasure: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=445&threadid=161015&enterthread=y

Graphics Card: 

Club 3D Radeon HD 7850, 2048 MB GDDR 5 PCI Express 3.0

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver history: 

ALL catalyst versions from 12.8 back to 12.4, including all intermediate beta drivers. 

Operating System: 

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, constantly kept updated through windows update. 

Issue Details: 

In world of warcraft, both 32 and 64 bit versions, if DirectX 11 is enabled, the computer will eventually freeze and lock up completely (with varying time of gaming allowed, from anywhere between instant crash at start of game to several hours played), with the last 10 ms sound looping. Computer is completely non-responsive and will require a hard reset. 

Changing to DirectX 9 will fix the problem, at a slight cost in performance(the directX 11 version of the game simply runs better). 

This issue persist with all Catalyst driver versions going back to the 12.4 version. I've tested them all. Only the 12.3 catalyst version does not have the problem, but all subsequent catalyst versions up to the latest 12.8 version will have the issue. I've also tried all available Catalyst Application Profiles (CAP's) up to and including the 12.7 CAP 3 beta without any luck. 

The issue is, apparently, entirely DirectX 11 related, as far as I can gather, since no amount of tweaking the graphics settings has any bearing on the problem. I normally play with 4xMSAA, 8xAF, 1680x1050 and every other in-game graphics setting on highest possible (ranging according to setting from HIGH to ULTRA). Vsync disabled. 

Applications and games: 

World of warcraft, all patches since directX 11 feature was introduced, up to and including Mists of Pandaria 5.0.4 (current as of writing this post).

CPU Details: 

Intel Core i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz  (factory settings, no overlocking) Quad-core with HT (8 threads).

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) UsedDisplay Device(s) and Connection(s) Used:

Samsung SyncMaster 2233, connected via DVI straight from card to monitor. 

Motherboard or System Make & Model:

ASUS Sabertooth X58.

Motherboard BIOS Version:

Sabertooth X58 BIOS 1402 2012.08.29 update

System Memory Type & Amount:

6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 (3x2GB TR3X6G1600C8 G)

Power supply: 

Corsair CX600, 600W Power supply 

http://www.corsair.com/builder-series-cx600.html 

Pics of computer case, power supply and specs: 

http://i48.tinypic.com/xaqvs6.jpg 

http://i47.tinypic.com/33ojuxi.jpg 

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ljpym1.jpg

Additional Hardware: 

128GB Samsung 830 SSD drive (windows drive)

Samsung HD502HJ 500GB Mechanical harddrive

Samsung HD502IJ 500GB Mechanical harddrive

Seagate ST3500620AS 500GB Mechanical harddrive

HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H60N dvd drive

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio PCI Express

I run with an open computer case, using standard CPU and Graphics card fans. 

Additional Details: 

"System" checks done: Tried all other games I have, including RAGE from ID Software, Quake 4, Doom 3, Minecraft, EVE Online, Supreme Commander 1 and 2, Half-life 2 all episodes, Natural Selection 2 Beta, League of Legends, Alien Swarm, Company of Heroes(including Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor) and I only seem to get the issue in World of Warcraft with directx 11 enabled. 

DXDiag reports no problems detected. Haven't tried swapping hardware with anyone, though for a while I suspected a memory issue I did try and swap around the memory modules in their respective slots all to no avail. Wow in directx 11 still gets freeze+crash and nothing else seems to do.

I agree it's possible it could be a hardware combination related issue, but this is improbable when the 12.3 drivers work, but subsequent catalyst versions don't. 

And by the way, I don't need to know how many wow copies have been sold (around 12 million last I checked). I need to know how many contemporary wow players own 7XXX series graphics cards. I'm going to venture a guess that it's less that 1% of wow players. Probably significantly less. For all I know, the people who complain about the freeze+crash issues with directX 11 and wow on these various forums could represent a quite significant fraction of the wow-playing 7XXX card owners. 

All this aside, I'd like to fix the issue if it's possible to do this at my end. You can take a look at my system specs and suggest things I could try, I'll be happy to comply. 

Thanks for your time and attention.

09/05/2012 04:42 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: KaRLiToS

If you are willing to be contacted, please provide your email address below.

Email Address:

There is no need to be on the offensive my friend.

I just come here to share my issue with the community. And by the way, hundred of thousands of players using Quadfire 7970s (4) with triple 1440p monitors? I doubt it. There is not a lot of users using 8044x1440 resolution with Quadfire 7970s

I am just trying to solve my problem with my 2600$ GPUs setup.

Thanks a lot for your help and links "Stumped"

This post has many different issues and posters. My comments were mainly directed at the 7xxx cards/drivers/WoW game...and the comment about your experience with AMD support got caught up in the mix. My comments stand. If you have a problem with a game or driver...reproducible...report it to the department that can do something about it.

Your issue with FOUR 7970's and crossfire and eyefinity got lost in the shuffle. And as you mentioned, I doubt there is a handful of people who have or need that set up...so you sure aren't going to get much advice from a peer.

09/05/2012 06:39 AM

Author Icon
KaRLiToS
n00b

Originally posted by: Canis-X Hey KarLiToS!  Good to see you over here, seen you on OCN several times (you have a really nice looking rig).  Man, I have a really similar setup to yours, too bad you don't live closer, I would let you pop them in my rig to troubleshoot.  I wonder though if the fact that the Graphics BIOS shows two different manufacturer's might be causing your issues.  Have you attempted flashing BIOS on one of the cards so that it would match two of the others to see if that would allow you to run Tri-Fire (assuming that you have experience with doing that)?

Thanks for the comment .

Yes I have tried to flash to identical BIOSes, I have tried a couple of different Bioses too without any success. Honestly, I have tried EVERYTHING. Raja at Asus helped me a lot along the Rog Forum community and OCN community.

i7 3930k
Rampage IV Extreme
Quad fire 7970

09/05/2012 09:15 AM

Author Icon
Mkissner
Farming Materials

Issue Details:  In world of warcraft, both 32 and 64 bit versions, if DirectX 11 is enabled, the computer will eventually freeze and lock up completely (with varying time of gaming allowed, from anywhere between instant crash at start of game to several hours played), with the last 10 ms sound looping. Computer is completely non-responsive and will require a hard reset. 

Changing to DirectX 9 will fix the problem, at a slight cost in performance(the directX 11 version of the game simply runs better). 

The issue is, apparently, entirely DirectX 11 related, as far as I can gather, since no amount of tweaking the graphics settings has any bearing on the problem. I normally play with 4xMSAA, 8xAF, 1680x1050 and every other in-game graphics setting on highest possible (ranging according to setting from HIGH to ULTRA). Vsync disabled. 

Well, seems to be something related to a software conflict. A sound loop and hard lock up could mean a memory problem. Despite you have switched your modules and had no issues, I advise you to run some MemTest to your RAM and see if had an error..

Best regards..

09/05/2012 09:58 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Thanks for the comment.

Yes I have tried to flash to identical BIOSes, I have tried a couple of different Bioses too without any success. Honestly, I have tried EVERYTHING. Raja at Asus helped me a lot along the Rog Forum community and OCN community.

Hmmm...Wow if those boys can't figure it out I'm not sure what to tell you.  You do have all the power connectors attached to the motherboard (i.e. the extra ones for the RAM, and PCIe slots)?  <-- Pretty basic question that I'm sure has been tried and tested, but I thought I'd through it out there.

I have a friend that has 4 GTX670's but he cannot run them in 4-way SLi....the best that he can do is 3-way.  They are all made by the same manufacturer and were all purchased at the same place.  Might be an issue with the motherboard.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

09/05/2012 03:31 PM

Author Icon
AllGamer

--- long post snipped ---

Did you try updating your ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme BIOS?

If you passed by the ASUS forum Rampage section, or the 7970 section of the forum you'll have seen my post along with any other people talking about the same issue

there was a known issue with the older BIOS, flash the latest mobo BIOS and you should be fine

Before I flashed my mobo BIOS the 7970s will just crash very often, after the flash + latest 12.6 or 12.7 drivers then everything got rock solid

Do not use 12.8 it's buged, too many people reporting issues with 12.8

Now i can finally OC like there's no tomorrow and the system will remain rock solid on either 12.6 or 12.7

AllGamer
 09/05/2012 06:10 PM

Author Icon
KaRLiToS
n00b

@Mkissner , I have tried to run plenty of memtest loops. At different Frequency, I tried loose timings at 1333mhz , CPU stock, PCIE Gen 2 (like raja asked) and no success.

When I had my 3 x 6970 on the same setup, my Ram was OCed to 2242Mhz (10-11-11-28). Identical hardware, just swapped the tri 6970s to quad 7970s.

What is your source about Directx?

Thanks

@Canis-X,  Everything is well plugged, Ez_Plug 1 for GPUs and EZ_plug 2 for RAM.  Dan_D at Hard forum had this issues and he was tired of looking for a solution so he decided to buy some GTX 680s and the problem went away.

Source: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1708626

And by the way, Raja is one of the best. He cannot do anything since my 3 x 6970 were working and not the trifire or Quad 7970. The problem clearly lies in AMD drivers.

@ AllGamer , I have tried BIOS 1404, 2003, 2105, and now I am on 2105B, best BIOS ever. I wish I could be able to OC my cards, but I can't play a game for more than 5-30 minutes.

Thanks for your support guys, I wish it will help get the problem solved.

i7 3930k
Rampage IV Extreme
Quad fire 7970

09/06/2012 06:30 AM

Author Icon
Rumraket
Peon

Originally posted by: Mkissner

Issue Details:  In world of warcraft, both 32 and 64 bit versions, if DirectX 11 is enabled, the computer will eventually freeze and lock up completely (with varying time of gaming allowed, from anywhere between instant crash at start of game to several hours played), with the last 10 ms sound looping. Computer is completely non-responsive and will require a hard reset. 

Well, seems to be something related to a software conflict. A sound loop and hard lock up could mean a memory problem. Despite you have switched your modules and had no issues, I advise you to run some MemTest to your RAM and see if had an error..

Best regards..

I did a complete Memtest86+ overnight and it passed all tests with no errors or issues. The problem is driver related. As I said, the 12.3 drivers work but subsequent driver versions do not. 

Statistics
84853 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.