Topic Title: Workstation Support: Problems with a FirePro W600 and dual HP LP3065 Display
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/04/2012 09:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/04/2012 09:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
doncolo
n00b

Hello--

I recently purchased a FirePro W600 card to upgrade my workstation at home. I am a financial trader and I was looking to go from a two 30" monitor set-up to a six monitor set-up (two 30" and four 23.4"). I haven't had any issues with the installation the card, nor with my four additional monitors (ASUS VH242H). However, I cannot get my two 30" HP LP3065 monitors to revert back to their native 2560x1600. I am running Windows 7, 64-bit. Also, I have uninstalled any previous display drivers that were with a dual-display N-Vidia card. The FirePro W600 card is recognized by the device manager, and the HP LCD monitors are also correctly identified when I go to look at the displays. However, the recommended (and maximum) resolution that is permitted is only 1280x800.  I have updated drivers on the monitors as well as FirePro card.  I even went into the Catalyst Pro Control Center and tried to force a larger resolution, but this did not work either (I assume it's because the monitor is now five years old).

Is there any way to restore the high display resolution that I was using before? Previously, I was using a dual DVI N-Vidia card and I was not having any problems. I know I cannot use both the N-vidia card and AMD card at the same time, so I'm trying to find another option. 

Thanks for your help, and let me know if I can provide you with anymore information!

Statistics
86516 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.