Topic Title: Corrupted display VTX3D HD Radeon 7850
Topic Summary: white and blue horizontal line fragments appear all over the screen
Created On: 10/10/2012 06:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/10/2012 06:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
11FruitCake11
n00b

Hi all,

I have just put together my new PC, and strange artifacts (horizontal white and dark blue lines) have been littering my screen. I have a VTX3D HD Radeon 7850 and I have installed the latest driver (12.8); nothing on my system has been overclocked. I have Windows 7 64-bit Professional installed.

To outline the problem: I built the PC and turned it on for the first time with the screen connected by an HDMI cable to the GPU. I then proceeded to install the drivers for the mobo. At this point, none of the horizontal lines were present and the system was running very smoothly. I then installed the relevant drivers for the GPU and rebooted the PC. When I reached the logon screen, the lines started to appear and they stayed there until the PC was powered down. When I connect the screen directly to the mobo HDMI port, everything worked perfectly.

As I write this, the the computer has just Blue-screened (right now the screen is connected to the GPU, not the mobo). I have just rebooted the PC connecting the screen to the mobo and again it is stable and runs smoothly again.

I have had a hunt around this forum and others and I have seen that the HD 7xxx series is rather prone to this sort of display corruption and I have also seen that it is likely to be a hardware problem.

I couldn't find any mention of horizontal lines anywhere, only vertical lines, and that's why I am posting here.

Any help that you may be able to give me would be most appreciated.

My system:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V

PSU: CORSAIR TX650

Screen: SAMSUNG SyncMaster S22B300H LED LCD 21.5" with HDMI cable (10.2 Gbps)

Memory: ARES G.Skill DDR3 1600 CL9-9-9-24 8GB 1.5V

CPU: INTEL i5 3570k

Statistics
87494 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.