Topic Title: screen tearing at all times and black screan
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/11/2012 03:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/11/2012 03:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zeyvoil
n00b

since amd 12.4 i've had some problems withscreen tearing  even when i'm not ingame and everytime i do something in fullscreen (will it be a game or with a video) it works for a litle while ( a few seconds) and after my screen turns black. when i stop fullscreen mode everything is okay again but it's highly annoying. i was able to avoid this until now by staying on 12.3 but some time ago i upgraded to 12.8 and after some time the problems came back.

right now i'm running in 12.9 beta with still the same problems

i have

GPU msi hd r6870 hawk, CPU AMD Phenom XII, 4GB RAM, 3.75 Ghz, OS windows 7 64x working with two screens one main ahs a resolution of 1920x1080 the other is 1280x1024 

does anyone have any idea how t fix this, i think it's a problem with AMD catyclist but if anyone thinks it's something else let me know i just want to fiz this and i can't find any solutions on the internet

addition: after some testing etc, in the beta 12.9 the screan tearing mostly only happens during games when i'm in the title screen and during cgi and stuff and happens during fullscreen internet vids (namely youube) when in fullscreen during the vids after a few seconds the screen turns black during the games there's only minor screen tearing, when wathcing vids on my PC with for example windows media player and such there are no problems at all.

-zeyvoil

Edited: 10/11/2012 at 05:58 PM by zeyvoil
Statistics
86654 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.