Topic Title: AMD HD 7970 Freeze PC when i open the browser
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/30/2012 09:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/30/2012 09:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dario89
n00b

since the beginning this gpu gave me this type of problem, later the problem finished when AMD released the first driver for win7 64 bit and i finally could open chrome or firefox with no problems... untill today.

In fact Yesterday Amd catalist center advised me that a new driver was available, i installed it directly, and after few minute that i opened my browser that problem re-presented again...

now, i re-installed the latest drivers but nothing seems to change. What should i do know?

PS: pc does not freeze when i play with games or in other moments, but just when i open the browser (chrome, firefox, explorer.. no matter what)

thanks

12/13/2012 12:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
valleyboy3000
Peon

I also have the same problem.. when opening new browser the screen would freeze.  If I minimize the browser and expand it again then it ok..  Before installing the latest driver everything ok.. I reinstall OS twice to test this issue and it related to the driver installed.    My driver is 9.2.0.0.  Video Card  6950.

-------------------------

"BE LIKE WATER!!"

Statistics
85744 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.