Topic Title: Radeon 7950 black screen
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/01/2012 10:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2012 10:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
simonc2
Peon

I am using two Iiyama B2409HDS monitors from a Radeon 7950 card. One is plugged into the DVI socket and the to one of the DP mini ports via an adaptor. Recently the monitor connected to the mini DP has been losing the signal periodically so the screen goes black. This lasts for about a second but sometimes recurs every few seconds. It's definitely getting worse.

I have swapped monitors to check the problem is not related to one screen, and I have tried both mini DPs with the same result. Is it likely this is a problem with the graphics card or something that can be fixed with software? I have the latest driver installed, also the latest motherboard BIOS. The monitor connected to the DVI port never shows any problem.

Grateful for advice.

System information:

Intel i7 chip; Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS; 16GB ram; Asus Sabretooth Z77 motherboard;

12/04/2012 11:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
simonc2
Peon

The resolution to this was to get an ACTIVE MiniDP to DVI adapter. Various posts on the internet suggest you only need an active adapter to drive a third screen, but I found I needed it for the second screen.

Statistics
80947 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.